Ubuntu 8.04.1 LTS released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*www.imgx.org/files/18774_1pfdf/Ubuntu%20Logo.png​

The Ubuntu team is proud to announce the release of Ubuntu 8.04.1 LTS, the first maintenance update to Ubuntu's 8.04 LTS release.

In all, over 200 updates have been integrated, and updated installation media has been provided so that fewer updates will need to be downloaded after installation. These include security updates and corrections for other high-impact bugs, with a focus on maintaining stability and compatibility with Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.

New Features and Bug Fixes :--

1. Firefox has been upgraded to the final 3.0 release from Mozilla, correcting a number of issues discovered during their beta test.
  2. The Samba client allows LANMAN authentication again, correcting problems connecting to some NAS and older Windows servers.
  3. Various problems with the FUSE interface to GNOME's new virtual file system have been fixed, correcting certain problems accessing network file shares
  4. The behaviour of the timezone map in the live CD installer has been improved, making it simpler to understand and use (#203423).
  5. The "Hardware Drivers" application no longer reports the proprietary nVidia driver as being enabled when it isn't installed (#216650).
  6. The Transmission menu item is now called "Transmission BitTorrent Client" to clearly explain its purpose .
  7. Fixed a number of audio-related issues, including a scheduler problem that caused audio stuttering under load
  8. Update to GNOME 2.22.2, fixing numerous bugs.

For Detailed Changelog : *lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...ly/000112.html
Download : Ubuntu 8.04.1 LTS (Hardy Heron)

F

FilledVoid

In all, over 200 updates have been integrated, and updated installation media has been provided so that fewer updates will need to be downloaded after installation. These include security updates and corrections for other high-impact bugs, with a focus on maintaining stability and compatibility with Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.

Thats alot of updates someone is going to have to install if they installed the original release version :eek:.

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
I will never update my OS to 200 update list :| I would rather reinstall it// Also Ubuntu ka kya bharosa update ke baad naa chale :rofl:

F

FilledVoid

I will never update my OS to 200 update list I would rather reinstall it// Also Ubuntu ka kya bharosa update ke baad naa chale :rofl:

Lol that is so true.

Rahim

Married!
I too will update in the evening, though have moved completely to Mandriva Spring Edition.
BTW how much is the upgrade(download) size?

Last edited:
F

FilledVoid

Ask me.. I haf downloaded almost about 900mb of updates for the OS + Apps from ubuntu servers...
Lol thats a load. I recall being pushed about four kernels in the span of one or two months. This is why I say you need a good connection in Ubuntu to stay updated.

I already have it. I updated my original Hardy 64bit.
IT DID NOT BREAK MY SYSTEM
As a matter of fact updates did bring my system down , nto once but twice. I believe both was because the updates didn't go through completely. I believe I got disconnected while it was downloading some of the kernel files and not all of them. I couldn't boot up my system using that Kernel entry in my Menu and had to basically reinstall. Maybe I could have removed the package and restarted all over by I found this method quite easier. Also if you go through the 64 bit forums on ubuntuforums you will see that there are quite a few people with problems after each Kernel Update.

EmptyVoid tu bhi 1000 year old hone wala hai
Kuch acha post kar apne b'day pe

Theres nothing good to comment on in this forum at the moment.

chandru.in

In the zone
I have been using Hardy ever since the second day of its release. No major problem faced so far, except for the known Firefox sqlite issue.

Hardy has proved to be really hardy on my system. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom