Ubuntu 7.10 live cd not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Dracula

Journeyman
The instructions mentioned to just keep it inside the disk and restart.Thats what I did,several times,but it starts Vista :(.Have 2 7.10 CD's both not working :(.Halp.

OP
C

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Thanks dude done that.Now I'm on Live CD boot,checking out that guy's guide( sorry dude forgot your name :( ).Will soon try Ubuntu.Btw I noticed lot of lag and even my mouse is working slow on live cd boot aww.

EDIT: Now its showing nothing in partitions LOL.Did I screw up or something?.I have backuped data from those last two drives.They didn't have delete logical drive so I chose clear volume.I HOPE I HAVEN'T SCREWED UP.Help.Its showing absolutely nothing in "Prepare Partitions"

*img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotek9.png

*img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshotek9.png

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Whats your RAM? Live CD recommends 256 MB minumum. So I guess you will need to have 512 for better performance?

What I would suggest is that you empty of your partitions for Ubuntu. Then during the setup its will ask you whether to use the entire disk or a specific partition. Choose carefully because a wrong choice can erase all your Windows data permanently in a non-recoverable way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom