• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

Ubuntu 7.10 live cd not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Count Dracula

Journeyman
The instructions mentioned to just keep it inside the disk and restart.Thats what I did,several times,but it starts Vista :(.Have 2 7.10 CD's both not working :(.Halp.

OP
C

Count Dracula

Journeyman
Thanks dude done that.Now I'm on Live CD boot,checking out that guy's guide( sorry dude forgot your name :( ).Will soon try Ubuntu.Btw I noticed lot of lag and even my mouse is working slow on live cd boot aww.

EDIT: Now its showing nothing in partitions LOL.Did I screw up or something?.I have backuped data from those last two drives.They didn't have delete logical drive so I chose clear volume.I HOPE I HAVEN'T SCREWED UP.Help.Its showing absolutely nothing in "Prepare Partitions"

my.php

my.php

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Whats your RAM? Live CD recommends 256 MB minumum. So I guess you will need to have 512 for better performance?

What I would suggest is that you empty of your partitions for Ubuntu. Then during the setup its will ask you whether to use the entire disk or a specific partition. Choose carefully because a wrong choice can erase all your Windows data permanently in a non-recoverable way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom