u torrent download got really slow...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot

SixAxis TechNolOgy
i've been using u torrent for 8 months now, and it has give me decent speeds upto 190kbps but it avg's around 80 to 90kbps, recently i encountered an virus and had to reinstall windowsxp and u torrent again but now the speed doesn't go beyond 20kbps ever.
i wonder whta's wrong, thr's an icon at the bottom which states "no incoming connections,unless this icon turns green it could indicate problem wth ur network configuration" and b4, it'd turn green normally but now it turns to red exclamation which says "u'r firewall is turned on,not allowing incoming connections or something.." i dont remember exactly
i even turned my firewall off but but the problem remains,i also reinstalled u torrent but no luck,i use bsnl 500 night free plan, what could be the prob, is something wrong wth my windows?? what settings shud i change??

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I think Windows firewall is blocking uTorrent.
Open Control Panel, go to security center, click on "Windows Firewall" which appears under "Manage security settings for".
Uncheck the checkbox next to "Don't allow exceptions".
Click on the "Exceptions" tab and check the boxes referring to uTorrent.

Or if you are using any other third party firewall, give net access to uTorrent in it.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Yeah that's right. Changing the port might also help. I forgot about that detail in my original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom