two monitors one cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotcommakers

Journeyman
i want to use two monitors in one pc.. i just dont need two display but two working monitors.. for multitasking..

is this doable?

regards

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
If ur gfx card supports multiple display (which almost all new gfx card support) then yes u can use two monitors. What's the config. of ur rig?
But if u want that ur PC works as two seperate machine then there is some kit available which lets to attach the second monitor, keyboard and mouse. So at the same time, two people could do seperate task on a single machine. I don't remember the brand.

OP
dotcommakers

dotcommakers

Journeyman
i have not graphic card but i have intel dual core machine.. do i need new graphic to run dual monitor or any special card? again i want dual monitors but not just two displays but i want to do multitasking like internet explorer in one monitor and photoshop in other monitor

regards

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
dotcommakers said:
i have not graphic card but i have intel dual core machine.. do i need new graphic to run dual monitor or any special card? again i want dual monitors but not just two displays but i want to do multitasking like internet explorer in one monitor and photoshop in other monitor
?
?regards
For that u must have a graphics card.

OP
dotcommakers

dotcommakers

Journeyman
dual core
intel
1gbm ram

i checked today display properties and there is already option for multiple displays

there was pic of monitor and tv and one another thing.. i dont know whats that

does it mean that i can use two monitors without card?

and whats "buddy card" i heard that i can use two monitor, two keyboards and two mouse

hash!!

________
dunno abt the 'buddy card', but theres sum mobo which lets u have 2 simultaneous users on a single cabinet... dunno the details, i thot it wuz funny... lolz..
and yea... to connect 2 monitors, u shld get a dedicated graphics card... most of em do support dual displays nowdays... like everyone else said...
check the back of ur system, see where the 2nd cable from the monitor gets plugged into ur system... if theres an input that looks like this:
*reviews.cnet.com/i/ba/bg/mntr/ss03_dt1_DVIinput.gif
or this:
*wclp.sourceforge.net/documentation/first-time-user-setup/img15.png

the input where the white scraggly arrow is pointin to...
well, if u have that, ure set to go

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
U can get this...but u need 2 add some hardware.I dont have idea abt graphics card...but I think u have sufficient system requirement.

U can use upto 10 or more stations using one cabinet(cpu,hard drive,CD-ROM,etc)....Each computer terminal can be used to do web surfing,use instant messenger,n other applications...

For each computer terminal u need only moniter keyboard and mouse.

But to get this u need to add a additional hardware...I know one like that.
Its "ADLINE system"
*www.adlinesystems.com
If u live in delhi...than I can give u the phone number of its dealer also.

hash!!

________
ravi_pintu2001@yahoo.com said:
U can get this...but u need 2 add some hardware.I dont have idea abt graphics card...but I think u have sufficient system requirement.

U can use upto 10 or more stations using one cabinet(cpu,hard drive,CD-ROM,etc)....Each computer terminal can be used to do web surfing,use instant messenger,n other applications...

For each computer terminal u need only moniter keyboard and mouse.

But to get this u need to add a additional hardware...I know one like that.
Its "ADLINE system"
*www.adlinesystems.com
If u live in delhi...than I can give u the phone number of its dealer also.

yeaaa.. u dun hvta go for a graphics card... this would work out to be a lot cheaper... the usb to vga seems to be the craziest practical thing i've seen till date... wow... lolz
nice..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom