Two 4:3 monitors or one widescreen monitor

bubusam13

Human
Hi Guys, I am having a 17" 4:3 Acer monitor which do most of my job thou I'm feeling the need of a a wider screen for few applications like After effects and casual gaming.
So should I buy a 16:9 widescreen monitor or buy another 17" 4:3 size monitor and use it as an extended display which will be much cost effective.

P.S: Watching movies is not the concern here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - sell your current monitor and try to get at-least a 22 inch monitor with HD res. ( around ~ 8.5K ) - it will help your work greatly

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Hi I am thinking of buying this Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor: Flipkart.com

But few people mentioned its glossy. I have never used glossy before. Is there any issue with glossy monitor ?

Hi I am thinking of buying this Dell S2240L 21.5 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor: Flipkart.com

But few people mentioned its glossy. I have never used glossy before. Is there any issue with glossy monitor ?
that's the best monitor available at that price. Glossy monitors show reflections if a light source is facing the monitor. Plus, they are prone to fingerprints.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Ok then, thanks, decided the dell will be what I am buying.

Just another ques out of topic, is a tablet worth buying ?

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Ok the issue is I dont own a personal laptop. And Now I have to return my company provided Thinkpad due to change of job. I will definitely get a new one but I am feeling the need of a personal device too. So wandering should I buy a Laptop or a tablet. Other than multimedia and web browsing, is there any other use of a tablet, coz I have most features in my android smart phone other than the big screen.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ yup.. many uses.
like games,etc.
tablets are more "mobile" than lappy's and if you want to invest more money, get Tablets-Laptop convertibles just like Lenovo ones or Transformers
but before that, make a new thread if you are serious about buying as mods may not allow Tablet/Laptop related discussions in tv-monitor section :wink:
and also make sure what features you need and post all of them on the first post itself.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Yaa Ok will make a new thread if I feel I am too serious about it.
In monitors, just a simple question, how long do you this the Dell monitor will last, how many years. My present one which is a TFT-LCD is bought at 2006.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if your present monitor can last for 7 years ( and more ) then expect the new monitor ( if everything is ok ) should last equially same but nothing can be guranteed so let's just hope for the best as you are getting monitor from one of the most reputed brand.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the HP one is not recommended primarily for two reasons - medicre A.S.S. and what's the use of of speakers with a monitor .. most of them are very bad in quality only adds upto the overall power consumption of the monitor and makes it bulky.

Top Bottom