Tweak & Code needed urgently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizard

Journeyman
Hello

I need a Tweak to make windows accept a file length of more than 20 characters unlike the default.

For eg Windows will allow u to name only a file upto certain characters and i need a tweak to modify the max lenght of file tht windows allows .

OK..here is the program now

I am given a notepad which contains many lines of text ( around 10000 lines )
now i need a code for finding the length of every line in the notepad and if the length exceeds a particular number that LINE shuld be copied in another notepad file.

Prog Lang : Java

OP
W

Wizard

Journeyman
futuristically_ancient said:
wat do u want this for??!!?!?!

u may use programs such as tweakui. They can handle much of the tweaking job!

Need it for my Project ...

And i want u to tell me the xact tweak for this....be it software or registry tweak.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Wizard said:
Hello

I need a Tweak to make windows accept a file length of more than 20 characters unlike the default.

For eg Windows will allow u to name only a file upto certain characters and i need a tweak to modify the max lenght of file tht windows allows .

[/color]

huh ? Unless ur on Windows 98 this isnt a problem in Windows 2000 onwards mate. I should know since I have mp3 files with really long names. Checked both in 2000 and XP works fine no long filename issues. So dont really see the problem ?!

OP
W

Wizard

Journeyman
Hello.

My Office system uses Windows 98 and it doesnt accept long filenames..

So i need code for tht to convert it to short names or need a tweak for tht to make it accept long file names

this help is needed from u people asap

Thanks

Wiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom