ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
Hi fellow TDF member, i was looking to buy this keyboard:
TVS-e Gold Bharat USB 2.0 Keyboards - TVS-e: Flipkart.com
This keyboard has no media keys / macro keys / etc..
It's just a cheap 200rs keyboard but with mechanical keys!

Will it be a significant jump going from membrane keys to mechanical keys ? [I'm a gamer and a coder]

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
It is not a cheap keyboard with mechanical keys. It is way better than any membrane keyboards. I have one that was bought back in 2000 that still works fine. For more tread this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/169999-tvs-e-gold-keyboard.html

OP
ACidBaseD

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
It is not a cheap keyboard with mechanical keys. It is way better than any membrane keyboards. I have one that was bought back in 2000 that still works fine. For more tread this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/169999-tvs-e-gold-keyboard.html

What i meant is feature wise it's cheap but quality is good.
It has small backspace key, no media keys etc

Also does it have Full NKRO in the USB version ?
[PS/2 Is not available on flipkart? :(]

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
What i meant is feature wise it's cheap but quality is good.
It has small backspace key, no media keys etc

Also does it have Full NKRO in the USB version ?
[PS/2 Is not available on flipkart? :(]

Yes, it is pretty bland keyboard. And it is not full NKRO, but I guess it is 6KRO (upto 6 keys). So not the best choice for gaming, otherwise good.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Awesome Keyboard ,get the PS2 one over the USB. I have it and I use it for gaming too and it has stood the test for 6 years now,while many like Razers,Steel Series and Logitechs of mine are Resting in Peace within two years from the day they could process a key command.

OP
ACidBaseD

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
Awesome Keyboard ,get the PS2 one over the USB. I have it and I use it for gaming too and it has stood the test for 6 years now,while many like Razers,Steel Series and Logitechs of mine are Resting in Peace within two years from the day they could process a key command.

The PS/2 is not available in my area but [from flipkart] but how is PS/2 different from USB ?

Also can you perform a small test for me on notepad with this keyboard?

Can you press 'w' and 'e' simultaneously and tell me whats the output? Is the output "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" or is the output "wewewewewe" ?

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I guess "wewe" would not be the output, rather "weee" or "ewww" :D

I can access mine only on Saturday. So I guess you have to wait for Incinerator's reply.

OP
ACidBaseD

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
I guess "wewe" would not be the output, rather "weee" or "ewww" :D

I can access mine only on Saturday. So I guess you have to wait for Incinerator's reply.

I'll wait for both. Also if weee or ewwww is the output that keyboard is of no use to me :(

Top Bottom