TV with Computer configuration

sumangh01

Broken In
Hi Guys, recently i bought a LCD TV (24" and full hd). it has support for PC connection ie can be used as monitor. what i found that it has a VGA port. now i want to buy a full set ie a full fledged computer. can anyone please guide me the cheap and best configurations for the same with price. i am from Kolkata, India.
My main requiremnt is playng HD Video and some racing games.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Hi Guys, recently i bought a LCD TV (24" and full hd). it has support for PC connection ie can be used as monitor. what i found that it has a VGA port. now i want to buy a full set ie a full fledged computer. can anyone please guide me the cheap and best configurations for the same with price. i am from Kolkata, India.
My main requiremnt is playng HD Video and some racing games.

are you sure that the TV does not have any HDMI or DVI connector? because if for full HD resolution if you are going to use VGA, there will be quality loss for sure. However regarding your PC configuration, please fill up the PC building Question Template. Then only we can suggest some good configuration.

OP
S

sumangh01

Broken In
are you sure that the TV does not have any HDMI or DVI connector? because if for full HD resolution if you are going to use VGA, there will be quality loss for sure. However regarding your PC configuration, please fill up the PC building Question Template. Then only we can suggest some good configuration.

Hi Cilus... thanks for quick reply. actually there are 2 HDMI port but no DVI. sorry for the poor knowledge about port. is it ok means can i use this tv as monitor...

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)

A: mainly multimedia like playing HD videos, some 3D Software and some racing games.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?

A:yeah sure..

3. What is your MAX budget?

A: little restricted... around 15K (without monitor)

4. Planning to overclock?

A: do not have any idea about this.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?

A: Windows 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?

A: 500 GB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?

A: my LCD tv has full hd capability ie 1920 x 1280.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)

A: 5

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

A: i had a computer. but it is older.... that time my assembler assembled this.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?

A: within next 2 months... obviously after getting some knowledge

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?

A: as max as possible...

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.

A: Monitor.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?

A: kolkata. no i dont want to go outside kolkata to buy..

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary

A:

thanks to The Sorcerer for the above template!

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^"my LCD tv has full hd capability ie 1920 x 1280" Isn't full HD resolution 1920x1080?

U won't b able to get a system with a good GPU for 15k!!

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya ssb1551, you are right about the full HD resolution. I think it is a typo.

sumangh01, I'm trying hard to fit everything within the budget you have mentioned. However, please have some extra cash ready if you have to spend a little extra.
I am from Kolkata and I've bought a same kind of config last week. So providing you the price specific for Kolkata.

Athlon II X4 630 @ 4.4K
ASUS M4A78LT-M LE @ 2.8K
Kingston 2 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ram @ 1.65K
500 GB Seagate SATA @ 1.6k
LG 22X SATA DVD Writer @ 0.875K
Keyboard & Mouse: Foxin @ 0.4k
XFX ATI HD 4650 512 MB GDDR3 @ 2.9K
HDMI cable @ 0.5K

Cabinet: Intex Cabinet without SMPS @ 0.7K
PSU: Oddessy 600W PSU @ 0.7K

Total 16.4K. This is well optimized system for very casual gaming and watching full HD movies. You are getting a good quad core CPU, 2 GB of ram and a decent graphics card to help smooth HD play back with post processing filters and casual gaming. But if you can extend your budget a little, then get a power color HD 5670 1 GB GDDR5 @ 6.2K

Cilus

laborare est orare
512 MB version is ok, but if you are talking about high resolution like full HD, the extra frame buffer will always help and there will be a performance gain.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 512MB / 1GB Video Card Review - Radeon HD 5670 Testing and Benchmarking! - Legit Reviews
except in HAWX the performance difference is nothing.

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^thts y I tot 512MB wud b a better option but sadly only Sapphire makes 512MB variant.Hv looked for MSI,Powercolor,XFX's 512MB on so many online stores but invain!!

pegasus

Journeyman
What brand and model is that LCD TV? (24" and fullHD?)
Also, 2 months is a long time away to be deciding the config/prices now.

Just a few small suggestions from my side.
Running a X4 rig on a very low cost PSU is not very safe imho, especially in the long run.
Getting an X3 435 (3.5K approx?) won't be much of a downgrade looking at the intended usage i feel.
The 1K approx saved could be used to get a better graphics card for some decent gaming experience.
But in this case i will prefer it getting diverted towards at least a decent enough PSU like FSP SAGAII 350/400 or something similar as per what is available locally.
I have also heard that ATI cards may not give full screen display on LCD TV by default and suggesting GT220.
X3 435 - 3.5K approx
ASUS M4A78LT-M LE - 2.9K approx iirc ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Kingston 2GB 1333MHz DDR3 - 1.65K
500GB Seagate 7200.12 - 1.7K approx
SATA DVD Writer - 0.9K approx
Keyboard+mouse - 0.5K approx
GeForce GT 220 - 3.5K approx (?)
Budget cabinet without SMPS - 0.8K-1K approx
FSP SAGAII 350 - 1.5K approx
Total- Approx 16.85K

Last edited:
OP
S

sumangh01

Broken In
Hi guys...sorry for late reply. Thanks for your detailed suggestion. I must follow your suggestion before buying my Rig. I think of buying this rig in December. May be just before buying i will discuss with you once again.
@ Pegasus - Its from Godrej EON make. because other brands does not provide full hd below 32" LCD. also what i found both processor take same amount of wattage... then what is difference... sorry for less knowledge.
@Cilus.. thanks a lot.

pegasus

Journeyman
Hi guys...sorry for late reply. Thanks for your detailed suggestion. I must follow your suggestion before buying my Rig. I think of buying this rig in December. May be just before buying i will discuss with you once again.
@ Pegasus - Its from Godrej EON make. because other brands does not provide full hd below 32" LCD. also what i found both processor take same amount of wattage... then what is difference... sorry for less knowledge.
@Cilus.. thanks a lot.
Please pardon my poor choice of words and sorry for the misunderstanding..
What i wanted to say was-
I wasn't very sure of how that Odyssey psu is and if it was safe to use, especially for a X4 635.
So i dropped the processor model to an X3, hoping it's enough for the tasks you mention without feeling it's a downgrade, to be able to fit an inexpensive yet seemingly decent enough power supply in your budget.
X3 435 and X4 635 both are rated at 95W TDP iirc and you have proper knowledge and are not wrong.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
pegasus, your config is fair enough, but truly GT 220 @ 3.5K? I think it is waste of money. It simply does not have any gaming capability in 1080P resolution. HD 4650 is a better performer than it and costs less than it.
But OP, you may go for a Athlon II X3 and can save 1K. However, for long run Quad core is much more advisable.
And regarding Odyssey PSU, they are only little better than the Intex/Zebronics inbuilt PSUs and will be able to run a quad core Athlon II with HD 4650.
I'm running my brother's Core2Duo 2.2 GHz and a 9500 GT 512 MB GDDR3 with it.

Top Bottom