TV Viewing Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
My ATI TVWonder works fine with my GeForce FX and the new MultiMediaCentre 9.
Any vid card with video-in can watch TV - you just need a VCR to tune the stations and decode the MTS audio. Something like NeroVision Express can then display the signal from your video-in, but there is no freeware replacement for your ATI, which runs both the channel-changing and the audio.
Sort it out, get it working - it will work.

Then you can play games too (bonus).

L8R :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
gxsaurav said:
However it is slow, even with 512 MB RAM, but faster then Home theator 2 & also, less buggy

Try Dscaler. It is free. *deinterlace.sourceforge.net/

Dscaler 4 supports Pinnacle PCTV Cards, but PCTV USB is not supported

prashantrana

Right off the assembly line
The ticker which runs in CNBC goes very fast when I watch it with pinnacle vision.

Will changing MEdia Portal help?

Sourabh

Laptoping
yea dude even my bro having a pixelview tvtuner in the next room has the same probs

this is very irritating when he wants to find the price of a particular share fast

i guess theres no prob with the soft but due to the limitation of the card

wht say??

fps,eh?

prashantrana

Right off the assembly line
while reveiwing no one mentions or mentioned about this limitation, which is really bad. Any solution anyone.

trivisingh

Broken In
You can try FLY TV 2000. it has all the features you need with a simple user interface. To use your existing remote with other software try a program called Girder.

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
ok, since this thread is still alive, i'll just chip in...
i dloaded MainConcept PVR (Personal Video Recorder) while i stumbled across the website
*www.mainconcept.com/products.shtml

i must say it packs in some pretty good features...it detected my TV card (LifeView FlyTV Prime 30) without any glitches, autodetected the country codes and after a few dabbling around, i was ready to watch TV.
here r some screenies:
*img36.exs.cx/img36/5307/pvrmain3gj.th.png
*img77.exs.cx/img77/695/pvrtimer4wk.th.png
*img212.exs.cx/img212/6837/pvrstartup1tc.th.png
*img212.exs.cx/img212/511/pvrconf2oh.th.png

Multi-channel preview:
*img229.exs.cx/img229/7404/pvrmultipreview8io.th.png

well, its definitely light on the resources (PowerVCR had frozen my pc when i tried it). it allows u to edit recorded shows and burn cds and dvds too.
however, the picture quality isnt as good as it is when i use the lifeview software, its very grainy in full screen mode. and i'm finding the keyboard shortcuts a tad difficult, or maybe its coz i'm used to the usual keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom