TV Tuner Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

khandu

In the zone
Hey all

Did some research on forum and market and I have stumbled upon 2-3 TV Tuner Cards

1) Pinnacle 110i
2) Compro Gold Plus II

Now Digit ranks Compro better.. some local vendor rank Pinnacle better..

What do u guys suggest.. Budget is no problem..

I have a few queries regardin this

1) I have only 2 slots PCI.. so i can go for external TV Tuner too .. But not set top box as it cannot capture and should have FM.. can ne1 recommend.. I guess Compro Action Pro is also cool..

2) Which to go from the 2 models above.. Although that Compro model is totally out of stock in Mumbai

3) So should i go for Pinnacle or wait for COmpro stock

4) Any other model is also welcome.. Should have the followin features.. FM/recording, MPEG4 recording, timeshift tech.. MCE compatible..

Waitin for quick replies..

cheers..

rage_666

Right off the assembly line
dont go for pinnacle

AS an ex user of pinnacle. i advice extreme caution. the software shipped with the product is really really bad. On certain occasion the bad drivers have even caused problems with detection of optical drives

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
Hmm..

i bought Compro action pro from some dude from this forum itself..

cause i was runnin short in PCI slots cause of my Audigy 2 ZS ..

hope its good.. waitin for shipment..

H

harsh bajpai

@Khandu
Most of the dudes in this forum are pretty good to deal with (though i've not many posts but i've joined this forum quite a while ago). I'm sure you won't regret it.
Btw who are you buying from?

Huzefa

Journeyman
pinnacle 100e is an excellent little box, its external and requires USB2.0 which your PC will have if its less than 2 yrs old . Regarding software I have'nt had any problems as such, IF u dont want to use the provided software use a shareware tv software / recorder It works !

Ram1959

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I have Intel 845GLLY Motherboard, 256MB SDRAM,
1.5GHZ Intel Pentium original Processor. I have WinMe and WinXP SP2 as operating systems.
Recently I installed Pinnacle PCTV RAVE TV Tv tuner and Capture card. The software buldled withit is useless. So I installed WDM drivers for BTx848 tuner cards. Dscaler is also not working. I use WinDVR 3 and WinDVD Recorder 5.0. Both play Video only. I tried Power VCR II. It is not working.
Also I tried Chris tv 4.80, an excellant software. It played both video and audio. But I have only trial version with limited options.
Please guide how to make full use of this tuner card. I installed audio and Wimxp Sp2 patch from pinnacle website. Nothing works.
What to do? Please give your suggestions.
email: ram.pgr@gmail.com
Yours faithfully,
T.Ramesh.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Since chris tv works, get the lite version of it. Its a freeware. As for the bundled software, as long as u install the original drivers bundled along with the patches, pctv vision should work. Who needs it anyways..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom