TV tuner card issue.. Pls help.

giprabu

In the zone
I bought a zebronics i2010 internel tv tuner card.. But forgot to look into the system requirements while buying..

The problem is i'm able to get only the video but not the audio..

There is no Audio input socket in the card.. I'm supposed to give the audio input to a sound card but i don hav one..

Wat i did was, i used a "RCA to STEREO" converter and gave the audio input to my mobo.. Took the audio output from default audio out pin from mobo and gave it to speakers.. BUT NOTHING WORKED.:cry:

Is there anyway to solve this other than selling the card.?

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
The audio input of your onboard sound is the same as a separate sound card in this case. Connecting the audio output of the tuner card to the input of your motherboard should work.

Maybe you have the line input of your sound device turned off. Which OS are you using?

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
Connecting the audio output of the tuner card to the input of your motherboard should work.

Dude..I'm not giving the audio output of the tv tuner card to my mobo.. I need to give my audio input from my tv to my tv tuner card but there is no provision for it .. So i give it to my motherboard.. i now use the card only for video input..
I use windows 7 Ultimate.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Dude..I'm not giving the audio output of the tv tuner card to my mobo.. I need to give my audio input from my tv to my tv tuner card but there is no provision for it .. So i give it to my motherboard.. i now use the card only for video input..
I use windows 7 Ultimate.
You didn't say anything about taking the video and audio outputs of your TV and feeding them to your computer's tuner card. You didn't mention a TV at all. Going by what you said, there was no way I or anyone else could have known what you're trying to do.

Many, if not most, internal tuner cards do not have an audio input. There's no reason to provide one unless it's a multi-function card.

If you want to capture or listen to audio signals from an external source, there's no reason to involve the tuner card. You just plug in the audio to your computer's audio input.

I repeat the most likely reason why you're not getting sound from the TV: You probably have the line input turned off (muted) in Windows sound control panel.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
If you want to capture or listen to audio signals from an external source, there's no reason to involve the tuner card. You just plug in the audio to your computer's audio input.

I repeat the most likely reason why you're not getting sound from the TV: You probably have the line input turned off (muted) in Windows sound control panel.

Ya bro.. thats wat i did.. used a rca to stereo convertor and fed the audio input from tv to my mobo.. nothing was muted and checked all those options u said..:???:

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
If your speakers have a stereo jack input, test the audio cable and the TV audio output by plugging it directly into the speakers (i.e., without going through the computer). See if the TV sound plays on the speakers then.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
If your speakers have a stereo jack input, test the audio cable and the TV audio output by plugging it directly into the speakers (i.e., without going through the computer). See if the TV sound plays on the speakers then.

amazing idea..:p how the hell it dint strike me..!!!
will try out and reply by tonight.. (but i wont be able to record that audio):-(

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Didn't work? What does that mean? If you mean that your TV does not play directly through the computer speakers, it means either of two things:

1) The cable is broken or the jack doesn't fit quite right. I've seen several cases where the jack does not make proper contact in the socket.

2) The TV audio out is muted or somehow not giving out a signal.

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
1) The cable is broken or the jack doesn't fit quite right. I've seen several cases where the jack does not make proper contact in the socket.

2) The TV audio out is muted or somehow not giving out a signal.

Your second point is very obvious to check and so ruled out..
And regarding the other, yes the pin doesnt properly fit into to the speaker's socket. But still it fits perfectly into the 'line-in' port of my motherboard.. Any way to capture that audio ??

OP
giprabu

giprabu

In the zone
IT WORKED..!!:p

gave the audio input to motherboard and the default line in was muted, so it dint work last time...

thanks a lot bro...

Top Bottom