Tv Tuner Card And Ddr Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i am about to buy a TV tuner card within two days and also about to update mmy ram.....can u take some time to reply for my following question...please..?

1.)which one is the BEST TV TUNER card out there?

2.)how much space is required for recording video for 1 hr at high quality will take?

3.)do i need a external or internal card ?

4.)my system config is : 2.7 ghz , 512 ddr ram, nvidia 6200 tc graphics card,80 GB hard disk,intel mo,dvd writer (samsung) ...do this config is enough for having a tv tuner card?

5.)another thing is , i am plannning to add a 1gb ram..but my vendor say that i should have only parralel ram like either two 512 or two 1 gb ... is this true .. will two different ram(512 and 1Gb affects the system performance ....??)even though they work properly....HE says that the performance may get degraded...is this true...???

6.)suggest me few tv tuner card models ...my budget is around 3-4 thousand...

7.)wht kind of clarity am i supposed to get ...can anyone post a captured image from tv tuner card here or else give me link where i can go and see...

8.)and another doubt is which is the maximum resolution am i supposed to get .??and at how much resolution am i supposed to record?...and can i write the recording straight onto a dvd???or is there any bottleneck for recording like bufferin level,amount of ram,etc???

SORRY FOR THE LONGEST QUESTION....... just to be sure before i buy..

and guys wht are u using?? and wht problems are u guys getting...share the XP here so that others can also know....

thank u for reading....

WAITNG for ur replies .....

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
11 views ....????is this question understandable or or not???
if not i am ready to rewrite the whole stuff...????

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
hello , yeah i completely understand u ... and i m ready to answer some of ur questions ....... here u go
My answers :-

1] There are many tuners available in market . But it depends upon ur budget
If u cud spend abt 4500 ..best go for new Pinnacle pro tv tuner card which costs u 99 $...... its best

2]Yeah ample amount of space is required .. becoz at the time of recording its in uncomprssed form ..latter u have to compress it .. initially the files are of giant size

3] again its ur choice .. better go for external which supports recording .. becoz for just watching tv it doesnt have driver problems

4] Increase RAM and hdd

5] Combinations of memory does nt matters but only combinations of there frequency matters... place 2 diff rams of same freq

6] pinaacle 110i ,100e , pinaacle pro tv , pvr 150 or ati pro 550 , etc etc

7 ] sorry cant help

8] yeah some cards have this features......

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
NagpurDaMunda said:
hello , yeah i completely understand u ... and i m ready to answer some of ur questions ....... here u go
My answers :-

1] There are many tuners available in market . But it depends upon ur budget
If u cud spend abt 4500 ..best go for new Pinnacle pro tv tuner card which costs u 99 $...... its best

2]Yeah ample amount of space is required .. becoz at the time of recording its in uncomprssed form ..latter u have to compress it .. initially the files are of giant size

3] again its ur choice .. better go for external which supports recording .. becoz for just watching tv it doesnt have driver problems

4] Increase RAM and hdd

5] Combinations of memory does nt matters but only combinations of there frequency matters... place 2 diff rams of same freq

6] pinaacle 110i ,100e , pinaacle pro tv , pvr 150 or ati pro 550 , etc etc

7 ] sorry cant help

8] yeah some cards have this features......

thanks a lot....

a very lot...

u and also official techie.....

my vendor says even for a same frequency ram...the performance is not expected wht it is to be...can anyone be sure this is just a myth ...and not a fact by giving me a link or something like that....

and for the the tv tuner card...they say mercury is fine..
my question is on wht basis should i go for....
my purpose is to record tv shows and songs....in a dvd quality ....without any compromise in sound and picture....could be a slight variation...but not serious compromise.
but cant afford more than 3.5-4 thousand.

any solution

ramprasad

In the zone
I can answer u 7th and 8th questions.

7. The space reqd to record a minute of audio & video in DVD quality will be arnd 40-50MB. In VCD quality it is 10MB approx.

8. The max resolution of PAL channels is only DVD quality. It is 720x576. So this is the maximum original qulaity. Some TV tuner cards give enhnaced quality by interpolation and interlacing which might slightly more appealing to the eyes...

I have a Mercury Ezview card, that gives them clarity I have mentioned above....

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
naveen_reloaded said:
i am about to buy a TV tuner card within two days and also about to update mmy ram.....can u take some time to reply for my following question...please..?

1.)which one is the BEST TV TUNER card out there?

2.)how much space is required for recording video for 1 hr at high quality will take?

3.)do i need a external or internal card ?

4.)my system config is : 2.7 ghz , 512 ddr ram, nvidia 6200 tc graphics card,80 GB hard disk,intel mo,dvd writer (samsung) ...do this config is enough for having a tv tuner card?

5.)another thing is , i am plannning to add a 1gb ram..but my vendor say that i should have only parralel ram like either two 512 or two 1 gb ... is this true .. will two different ram(512 and 1Gb affects the system performance ....??)even though they work properly....HE says that the performance may get degraded...is this true...???

6.)suggest me few tv tuner card models ...my budget is around 3-4 thousand...

7.)wht kind of clarity am i supposed to get ...can anyone post a captured image from tv tuner card here or else give me link where i can go and see...

8.)and another doubt is which is the maximum resolution am i supposed to get .??and at how much resolution am i supposed to record?...and can i write the recording straight onto a dvd???or is there any bottleneck for recording like bufferin level,amount of ram,etc???

SORRY FOR THE LONGEST QUESTION....... just to be sure before i buy..

and guys wht are u using?? and wht problems are u guys getting...share the XP here so that others can also know....

thank u for reading....

WAITNG for ur replies .....

see this

and for various tv tuner cardsavailable see here

any question reply back

regards,
gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom