LGWRSherlock

LG Expert
Does the panel has a significant part in the performance of a 3D TV?

LG WRman Sherlock here!

If you're asking if the technology used in the panels plays a significant part in the performance of a 3D TV, the answer is yes, and no. Allow me to explain. Using an LG World Record TV as an example, these TVs use IPS panels, which stands In-Plane Switching. I won't into the technical details about how it works (if you're really curious, check out IPS panel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or ask me!), IPS panels have definite advantages over TN (Twisted Nematic), which is an older technology that is still common in many TVs and monitors today. The advantages of IPS panels over TN panels include increased color accuracy, clearer images, and wider viewing angles.

Overall, IPS panels give superior picture quality, which is why many companies use LG's IPS panels in their devices, whether they are smartphones or TVs. Now, how does this relate to 3D pictures? Well, the quality of the 3D picture is dependent on how good the 2D picture quality is to begin with!

I hope this answers your question! For more information about any LG World Record products, feel free to ask or go to www.lg.com/in/3D-tv for more details!

LG WRman Sherlock, out!

Last edited:

Sam22

TV Expert
Panel can be called as the brain of TV without it won't function.
When it comes to Panel, there are many type of panels like VA, TN, IPS panel.
As WR Sherlock mentioned, IPS panel is said to be the best one which allows you to have a wide viewing angle and also the PQ is same from every angle.

Jitendra Singh

Broken In
Does the panel has a significant part in the performance of a 3D TV?

Yes it does. Major manufacturers like Sony and Samsung have designed their 3D TV’s on S-PVA (super pattern vertical alignment) panels to compete with the likes of LG and Panasonic using IPS panels. But the truth is that the IPS panels are still the preferred choice because of their negligible color wash, better stability and wider viewing angles.

Top Bottom