"TV-OUT" is it good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Now a days most graphics cards have a Tv-OUT feature. I was wondering how will be the quality ? I want to know this because im planning to build a system which will only be connected to a TV and where i can play DVD/DivX etc etc and games ,I also want to connect my hathway mpeg 2 settop box.(something like media center). Is the quality good or bad ? any alternatives possible?
thanks.
Charan

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
Only connecting TV is not a good option, coz if the cable gets even slightly loose then u won't have ne display. Instead get a 15" monitor to save money.

susk21

Broken In
I have tried it with my GFX 5200 and the qualiy is good.
For that use the same cable found in the card box.
You can go for it!!

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@ashnik and susk21 thanks for the reply.
i already have a PC P4 520 , 256 RAM , DVD combo drive, 17in monitor etc etc. I want to build that Media center so that it can replace my dumb :p DVD player which doesnt play DivX etc and also want to record TV as i have a digital settop box . I have seen some digital video recorders with hard disc but they are expensive. so insted of investing money in that i want to build a Media Center for my living room in the near future. I want to wait for some time so that a high quality video output card is available and for some more powerful Processors can be affordable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom