[TUTORIAL]Speed up your uTorrent downloads

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamgil

Right off the assembly line
HELLO everyone...........when the seeders number is more than the leechers......say approximately the no.of seeders are more than 20 and difference between them is around 10.........one would obviously get very high speeds depending upon their mode of broadband limit.

I have BSNL Combo plan.........i do regular downloads from bittorrent application...i still get speeds upto 206kB/s without any modifications.

The high the number of seeders...the high is ur download speed.If the seeders are zero,then u download speed is NULL..i mean zero.

Hope everyone realizes this.

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
^^Even if there are no seeders, you still receive bits of data from the peers, those who have some part of the file(s).

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Thanks, but credit goes to the original author :)
*filesharefreak.com/2008/04/02/tips-to-optimize-utorrent-download-speeds

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
hey....
i just want to know........
if i just seed without donwloading anything through torrent, in that case, do my browsing speed effected ??
or direct d/l speed got effected.....??

^^ if you run the torrent in background even without d/w it will check for tracker update, DHT and peer exchange. It may also upload and that can result in low ping rates and low speed

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
A hashfail means you've received data which is corrupt or you've received the wrong parts of the file. Normally, such data is re- downloaded.

hey i have mtnl triband 256 combo plan. i am in delhi. and my downloading speeds are 300+kbps using utorrent and also averagely it gives 80-150 kbps on dowloading torrents. i always use torrents from site torrentreactor.net
Can anyone explain me how can i able to download at this high speed with my 256 kbps connection. i m happy with my connection and i am asking for informational purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom