TUTORIAL : Modded System Files Using Resource Hacker Contd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
thnx
mean while today i was editing the Delete Dialog boxes for some reasons both the Yes and No button are over lapping !! i dont know why !! but in resource hacker they dont overlap in the preview shown
hmm hv to figure out why ?? vishal any idea why this happens ??

Deof Movestofca

Right off the assembly line
Re: TUTORIAL : Modded System Files using Resource Hacker

Definitely 5 star rating! Someone earlier mentioned that this doesn't work on Vista, but how about W2K?

c) Open With Box

*img189.imagevenue.com/loc538/th_72942_2_122_538lo.jpg

1) Save this file :::
[img=*img11.imagevenue.com/loc738/th_72225_bey14h_122_738lo.JPG]
I clicked on the link and got the photo (resized) attached to my post. I plan to use my own photos anyway, but I just wanted to know if there's any particular resolution/size etc. that whatever one I end up using needs to be.

EDIT: oops, that should be the link to the .jpg in the Format Drive Box instead ( *img175.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=72502_adr21h_122_413lo.JPG )

Last edited:
OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
^ Thnx buddy for appreciation .... For most of the dialog boxes , i used the resolution of 700*525 ! So , i wud like to tell u that if u wanna use ur own images ( of diff. resolutions ) , u'll have to change the position of the dialogs and buttons ( u just have to drag them from pixel to pixel in the resource hacker dialog editor box ) so that they don't interfere with the image screening ! The script wud get modified automatically to ur needs in resource hacker !

Any other help if required , post it back here ! :)

paroh

Padawan
For novoice user
If any one could provide the full modified files of sysdm.cpl, timedate.cpl,shell32.dll, msgina.dll, explorer.exe. so that user just to need replace the file to make it work

Deof Movestofca

Right off the assembly line
More questions (Intelligent ones, I hope)

For "Process Dialog Box"

Before:
Code:
   CONTROL "", 106, "SysAnimate32", ACS_TRANSPARENT | ACS_AUTOPLAY | ACS_TIMER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 7, 0, 236, 25 
   CONTROL "", 103, STATIC, SS_SIMPLE | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 7, 48, 236, 10 
   CONTROL "", 102, STATIC, SS_SIMPLE | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 7, 38, 236, 10 
   CONTROL "", 104, "msctls_progress32", WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 7, 63, 190, 8 
   CONTROL "", 105, STATIC, SS_SIMPLE | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 7, 74, 192, 10 
   CONTROL "Cancel", 2, BUTTON, BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 202, 63, 40, 14
After:
Code:
    CONTROL 701, -1, STATIC, SS_BITMAP | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 0, 0, 400, 48 
    CONTROL "", 103, STATIC, SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 125, 37, 133, 10 
    CONTROL "", 102, STATIC, SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 117, 143, 145, 10 
    CONTROL "", 104, "msctls_progress32", WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 102, 76, 158, 30 
    CONTROL "", 105, STATIC, SS_LEFT | SS_NOPREFIX | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 103, 56, 155, 10 
    CONTROL "Current file:", 2, STATIC, SS_LEFT | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 117, 121, 40, 10
Obviously, "CONTROL 701" = the .bmp and "0, 0, 400, 48" = distance between left border of dialog and left border of bitmap, top border of dialog and top border of bitmap, width (distance between left and right border of bitmap) and height (distance between top and bottom border of bitmap).

That would mean that "CONTROL "", 103" = the "From [source folder] to [destination folder]" bar since, at 125, it's the furthest from the left border. Since both "CONTROL "", 102" and "CONTROL "Current file:", 2" are both set to 117, they would appear to be the "Current file:" and "Murcielago.jpg" (the file being moved) bars. What has me confused here, though, does that mean there isn't a way to cancel the move/copy or would clicking the "Current file:" bar do that since the original line had a "2" in the same place (i.e., after the control name, which was originally "Cancel"and you have modified to "Current file:")? Would it be possible to use a .bmp as the "Cancel" button adding a resource, naming it 702 and then changing the line to "CONTROL "702", 2, BUTTON, BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 202, 63, 40, 14"? "CONTROL "", 104" would be the progress bar but I'm curious as to whether the "shine" on the top of the bar is simply from system colors or is it a XP/Vista graphics enhancement? And, finally, do "CONTROL "", 105" (which appears to be blank in your example) and "CONTROL "", 106" (which you've replaced with "CONTROL 701" actually have some function (and, if so, what is it?) or are they merely padding?
EDIT: does "CONTROL "", 105" = time left? Just thought about that possibility.
EDIT #2: And "CONTROL "", 106" probably = the flying file .avi. But then why is the control 106 when the avi is listed as "160"?

Finally, a tip for anyone who wants to use their own photos: if you have a hard time getting exact placement moving the bars around with the cursor, trying getting an approximate idea where you want to put them and then finetune it by typing in the appropriate number and then compiling the script until it looks how you want it. For example, if you're having problems with the width and the current numbers are "20, 75, 32, 10", try changing the "32 to "30" (if you want it narrower) or "34" (if you want it wider).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom