TUTORIAL: How to enable "VIEW" Menu on Desktop !

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun_rane007

Broken In
I Try following changes :D :D
1)Copy

{
POPUP "&View", 28674, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED, 0
.......................................................................... }
at before itself

2) Change 28674 to 0 and also changes other numbers of other lines
(range some like 3XXX {X = No.like 274}) :confused:
3) This able able VIEW Menu on Desktop :cool:
But without working function :(

I try to able unsuccessfully
Please helpppp

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
Vishal, this is the best tut that I have ever tried out......thanks for all the tweaks
but i hv a problem: i am unable to save the file. reshack says: "cannot create file: c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll"
any solutions

Hi Vishal
I too had this problem and I tried out Tech Geek's tip....Well to say I got an error saying some dll's could not be loaded.....(I think msgina.dll and some others including services.exe or some thing like that.)
I tried to reboot with MS XP CD. But it failed to do so and then I tried using Vista DVD which too failed.... Then the dynebolic 1.1 CD came into use for the first time ever since I got it with Digit. I had to rename the shell32's backup to shell32.dll.......
why was I unable to boot using the XP CD ( I tried every thing in BIOS including boot sequence preferences)

Last edited:

jasneh

Right off the assembly line
I dont know what happen. Its cannot save.
Massage appear:
"Cannot create file C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll"
Need help
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon5.gif

Manvendu Das

Broken In
Hey,Thanks a lot.It was a great trick and I loved it and everyone will like.Once again Thanks for providing such a nice trick

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ thnx. ;)

@jasneh
hv u disabled WFP service? If not, then download WFP patcher from following thread and run it in Safe mode. Also make sure that a file with name "shell32_original.dll" doesnt exist in System32 folder. :)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30897

warior_hero

hey vishal could u help me?i dont understand what ur tutorial says..because i dont understand "system32/shell32.dll from resource hacker foldor" somethings like that and i do not understand what tool to use...sorry if u wrote it down but if it is there could u show which tool to use?usually when i see ur guides on ur web u dont put downloads in whole tutorial...its all very confusing...

Edit :Im a noob and i finally made my decision on searching for resource hacker and found out how to do it but i tihnk my com crashed coz of this ...i have shell32_original.dll and shell32.dll and i cant delete any of these...mycomputer button crashes LOL HELP !!My problems are in another post:(:(

Last edited:

warior_hero

hey i need some help urgently!!!OMFG!!i found out how to do it then i...err..did it LOL then after i did everything i restarted and everything is kinda locked...folders on my desktop were missing!cant even write click on desktop to try out that view thing...cant go in my computer...it says

"Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close.We are sorry for the inconvenience.If you were in the middle of something,the information you were working on might be lost. Please tell Microsoft about this problem.We have created an error report you can send to help us improve WIndows Exlporer.We will treat tis report as confidential and anonymous. To see what data this error report contains, click here.

Send Error Report Don't Send"

I know its dam long LOL and err can help??i only have access to internet services and other programs like tune up utilites n those stuff which are only on the desktop LOL HELPPP ill try and see if i can get a screenshot..if that helps...PLEASE REPLY OMFG!

sunielbelal

Broken In
its a good tutorial i tried dis but i cant open my shell32.dll file
so plz tell my how can i edit that.
it shows option,file open with..
so wich software i need to view that

Adam Cruge1

Broken In
POPUP "&View", 0, MFT_STRING, MFS_ENABLED, 0

I saw many codes like this when i open system files in resource hacker
can anyone of u plz explain what all those codes mean?
Is it any language ? or else what it is ?
I need a few tutorial on these code....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom