Tutorial: Flashing k550i to w610i !!

crator

Broken In
ok good luck to u .sh1t good thing ive already passed this sh1t :p go learn your stuff ull not regret it and HOHOHO MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!:p

hahahari

In the zone
Hey can you tell me if the NEW drivers will increase the volume of the k550i?
And is there any great decrease in the battery time after the patching is done???

semaj

Broken In
hahahari said:
Hey can you tell me if the NEW drivers will increase the volume of the k550i?
And is there any great decrease in the battery time after the patching is done???

acoustic drivers (for sound) can increase volume depending on the drivers... use jpx, sunfire, pedros and other drivers... they are loud...

also there in no decrease in battery life, after flashing (not patching)....

10ego

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,

Does anybody has the following:

W610_R6BC002_FS_AMERICA_1_RED52?

Regards,

Diego

semaj

Broken In
10ego said:
Hi All,

Does anybody has the following:

W610_R6BC002_FS_AMERICA_1_RED52?

Regards,

Diego

have you check Hgetis collection? maybe its there... check the first post for the links...

10ego

Indeed I did check his collection and I need specifically that firmaware.
Name Display a feature of Rogers Canada is not support in any other firmware except America 1.

semaj

Broken In
I see... I'll check if i can find one... or maybe akshay have it... you can PM him and request one... this is my last post for now... i'll be back december 28... Happy Holidays guys!!!

Shin

Fool Young Birdie XD
Too bad that Iprotebe hasn't opened yet again,
they had/have a lotsa good stuff to download for SE phones...

Last edited:

jmoncayo

Broken In
Hey guys i bought a k550i last week and i cant update CID51 to CID52 with SEUS. I am from Ecuador, the cellphone is branded Movistar, Telefonica. What would be the difference if i fash it with setool2 and leave it as CID51.

Oh and if someone could link me to an AMERICA 2 RED51 FS please. I did flash it with setool2 and the cell is awesome now, i am not sure if did the correct step for custom pack so i hope Shin will answer my other post and help me out with that.

Ok i had an idea but i dont know if its doable, i was wondering if i could copy the CyberShot image you get when you start the camera when you are in k550i (the gray and black one) to replace the one you get when you go w610i. The cellphone will look much better. It will be Cybershot-Walkman all the way.

thank you

greetz

merry christmas & happy new year =]

I found the FS_AMERICA_2_RED51 if anyone needs it here is the link *www.4shared.com/file/32137704/5be3d7ef/W610_R1JD001_FS_AMERICA_2_RED51.html?s=1

Last edited:

jmoncayo

Broken In
Shin said:
Ok first i try it myself! Then i give a link of w610 FS and Main for CID51!

IT WORKED!

PALEINHO! Here are the files,
MAIN:

*hznt.fw.hu/W610_R1JD001_MAIN_...C_NA_RED51.rar

FS:

*hznt.fw.hu/W610_R1JD001_FS_CENT_EUROPE_RED51.rar

Custom pack for w610:

*hznt.fw.hu/W610_custpack.zip

DO NOT UNCOMPRESS THE CUSTPACK!
And follow the tutorial what akshay posted from se-nse! Thanks for him!

AKSHAY! Maybe you should take this to your article with the se-nse-tut, 'cause I think this can be inportant for those who will buy or bought their k550i lately! My link will reamin still if you use them! Or wait for someone who can break the security of the new CID51! You choose! :p

Cheers! B)
Hey dude would you please tell how did you use the custom_pack with setool2 for CID51 did you just put it in the MISC files ? Why is this
DO NOT UNCOMPRESS THE CUSTPACK! ??

MobileDoc

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
^^ about that cable i am not sure...! it might work or not..
you must search for cruiser cable ! or service cable.. i will see into today and try to find more..!

contact the guy who unlocked your phone.. that guy can help u revive your phone i suppose.. because he will be having required tools mostly !

i hope the GDFS that you worte is just backup copy of GDFS made from w810i

so i see that even that 2+5 service mode failed to put back GDFS to phone

most of these programs don't work on vista properly.. they are made for XP !!

I just Flashed my Recently sim unlock k500 to a w610 and it became blocked again... I flashed back to k550 and im restoring the GDFS to see if it unlocks again...

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
sorry guys .. my exams are going on .. ! i will upload all required firmwares after jan 10th

it really sucks that i can't enjoy new year and christmas every year beacause of my university !!

well you should not flash a patch unlocked phone .. it will get locked again !!
if it was unlocked in the EROM then flashing is possible

try to write back GDFS and see if phone works then good !
i mean even if it works locked good .. if its working locked then flash to w610 again !!!!

TurtleBot

hi! i thought that w610i supports .acc music format.. but when i uploaded it to my moded w610i; it only read as ordinary file; what happen there?

and also can i ask if there is a apac of W610i R8BA024 Main, W610 R8BA024 FS,

thank you and merry christmas!

Shin

Fool Young Birdie XD
jmoncayo said:
Hey dude would you please tell how did you use the custom_pack with setool2 for CID51 did you just put it in the MISC files ? Why is this
DO NOT UNCOMPRESS THE CUSTPACK! ??
Hi, sorry, i haven't been here lately...
Too bad that this CID51 mystery got you guys in Ecuador too... the answer is simple:
the custpack what i gave, and its in a .zip, a compressed file, you see?
Next to MISC, just push "...", then select the custpack, so exactly the .zip file, INSTEAD of any files in the zip! Then hit FLASH button!
You get it?
If you did it right the phone starts normally.
If not, you will get an error message from the phone, and you won't be able to start the phone til you did the right procedure.
Tell us if something go wrong! Good luck!

Last edited:

Shin

Fool Young Birdie XD
TurtleBot said:
hi! i thought that w610i supports .acc music format.. but when i uploaded it to my moded w610i; it only read as ordinary file; what happen there?

and also can i ask if there is a apac of W610i R8BA024 Main, W610 R8BA024 FS,

thank you and merry christmas!

..also.. what happen if i update my k550i@w610i using SEUS..
W610i only supports MP3, WAV, AMR and MIDI, too bad about ACC...
I did put the R8BA024 MAIN, FS and a working Custpack to rapidshare:

*rapidshare.com/files/78872762/W610_R8BA024_MAIN_GENERIC_NA_RED52.rar.html

*rapidshare.com/files/78871775/W610_R8BA024_FS_CENT_EUROPE_RED52.rar.html

*rapidshare.com/files/78873004/W610_CDA102568_207_R2A_GENERIC_CENT_EUROPE.rar.html

I hope the links will work!

umm, if you update you phone via seus you'll probably end with a normal K550i...
but i'm not sure, that's what Akshay know better, i think!

Last edited:

TurtleBot

thanx shin for tha links.. i'll it after the holidays..

anyway.. what tha hell sony brags about the w610i supports aac, aac+.
but then, it wasn't..
aac & aac+ formats sounds better than mp3 format in lower frequencies..

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
merry christmas to all !

About CID51 flashing use SeTool2 lite and CID51 Firmwares
i think shin has given the links to those firmware
thanks to shin !

yes aac not supported in W610i .. but i think k550 supports AAC and AAC+ .. that's what is given in K550 Manual ! dunno coz i flashed my phone to w610 and never went back to k550 since long ! lol

updating phone with SEUS will flash Main back to K550i in most cases or it says phone is already updated !!

Top Bottom