Tutorial: Flashing k550i to w610i !!

shirsatjbs

Right off the assembly line
Update for K550i

hi.. I am new to this forum. I am having K550i. My first SE phone, bought last
month.
I read through topics with modded camera drivers. Can anybody tell me which
camera driver version is available in latest updates from sonyericsson.
I checked my cam driver version is 2.3

Software version reads
CXC1250669
R6BC002

Is this the latest version i am having or should i update to the latest version?

Also I am totally unknown abt the SE update Service. Pls guide..
Thanks in advance!!!!!

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^ dude just update phone using SEUS.. that's it
or else god will curse your phone and it will die

(First time flashing SEUS does soo much of magic in the background and you never know .. that's why ;)) i.e it creates virtual ports for phone communication .. which might fail if you direct XS++ .. !
for camera drivers check out esato and on se-nse .. number1 is making !

sebu_18

Hi this is my fisrt post on this forum and thread.
First i say thanks to a_k_s_h_a_y for the tutorial it gets a 10 from me.

Now i want to ask if anyone has an idea on how i can get the NCK code to unlock my phone. i want to use another sim.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
you can't unlock for free .. that's it
coz purposely they don't allow it for free.. bcoz they will run out of business if they do
SeTool 2 can do for free.. but if you have setool box.. which u hv to buy

semaj

Broken In
Hehe... thats why... never buy a branded or locked phone! especially SE! Just buy unbranded ones and you'll save a lot! Branded cellphones usually are more expensive and would save you around $70 including the unlocking here in the phlippines! i could save it to buy a memory M2, HPM-70 and other accesories.... Hehe...

Shin

Fool Young Birdie XD
semaj said:
Hehe... thats why... never buy a branded or locked phone! especially SE! Just buy unbranded ones and you'll save a lot! Branded cellphones usually are more expensive and would save you around $70 including the unlocking here in the phlippines! i could save it to buy a memory M2, HPM-70 and other accesories.... Hehe...
Here in Hungary
unbranded K550i: ~220 EUR (~55000 HUF)
branded K550i (T-Mobile): ~100 EUR (~25000 HUF)
usual unbranding: 10-15 EUR (~2500-3500 HUF)
= that's 115 EUR overall instead of 220 EUR...
And in my case I do use T-mobile SIM so I don't need to unbrand, and also i bought mine about 70 EUR (~18000HUF) with a little trick and luck!
NOW waddaya think about expensive branded phones? 8)
And yes, I saved for a 1GB M2 and for a HMP-70...
...okay, in our damned country...

Last edited:

semaj

Broken In
Shin said:
Here in Hungary
And in my case I do use T-mobile SIM so I don't need to unbrand, and also i bought mine about 70 EUR (~18000HUF) with a little trick and luck!

I can't believe it?! It means that branded SE phones in your country are all worth it! But it is sad in our country because it's the other way around!:cry: maybe next time I'll buy there! hehe...

anyway I made some adjustments in the layout.xml and heres the result:
*img208.imageshack.us/img208/7581/desktopwy9.th.png
Operator Logo - Lower Left on top of Calls & smaller font size,
Date & Time - Smaller fonts and closer to each other!
Alarm Indication - Removed
Scrollbars on Desktop - Removed (for DesktopFullScreen Icons) note:

If you like other locations tell me & maybe I can make one for you...

Last edited:
OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^ that's great !
if you are into layout modding then create a shortcut for it and place that file outside the FS so that you can just edit and put it in memory card ..!

write a small tutorial on how to mod the layout file if you can .. i will look into it and try to create more in holidays !!
thanks !

inemes

Shin said:
Here in Hungary

In Serbia is simillar to this,
the only difference is u can buy unbranded phone in the shop for 120e and u dont have to bother urself with all that unlocking work (and i've checked, it's unlocked in EROM, not in MAIN which is better) plus cable, earphones and charger ofcourse. And 1GB SanDisc M2 (5 yrs warranty) is ~25 EUR!

But bcos this thread is not about prices of cells in diff countries I apologize to everyone and here is question:
Does anyone know where I can find tut for themes flashing but not for those themes with .swf and .thm files only, that's ok, but I need to figure it out for how to put themes with changed allmenu icons, .swf, .png, .ico, menu.ml etc.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^ that's right there in my tutorial about menu ml

but for more detailed there is sticky pimp your main menu in se-nse in customizing section .. check out

*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=3716

semaj

Broken In
a_k_s_h_a_y said:
^^ that's great !
if you are into layout modding then create a shortcut for it and place that file outside the FS so that you can just edit and put it in memory card ..!

write a small tutorial on how to mod the layout file if you can .. i will look into it and try to create more in holidays !!
thanks !

ok i will but you have to wait for a while... I'll try to make a shortcut also... i am using photoshop cs to identify the coordinates of each text fields... for now you need the "notepad++" application... you can google it and download... its free... this is to be used to easily locate items to be modified or change... then a little mathematics and your done... your new custom layout!!!

Summary of tools needed:
1. Adobe Photoshop CS2 or any application that can create and identify field coordinates.
2. Notepad++
3. Calculator

semaj

Broken In
Heres how we modify the layout.xml

1. open the layout.xml in notepad++.
2. As you can see we have line no. at the leftside of notepad++ which is very important for us to easily identify lines to be change or moded.
3. Key lines:
    • Line 48: scrollbars, command line: <sett name="ScrollBarMode" value="2"/>
    • line 455: Operator Logo font size, command line: <attr value="FontE_20R"/>
    • line 460: Date/Time font size, command line: <attr value="FontE_16R"/>
    • line 468: Operator Logo coordinates, command line: <attr value="2"/> <attr value="174"/> <attr value="5"/> <attr value="26"/> <attr value="10"/>
    • line 479: Time coordinates, command line: <attr value="82"/> <attr value="173"/> <attr value="134"/> <attr value="152"/> <attr value="5"/>
    • line 480: Date coordinates, command line: <attr value="62"/> <attr value="173"/> <attr value="155"/> <attr value="176"/> <attr value="5"/>
    • line 482: Alarm coordinates, command line: <attr value="3"/> <attr value="90"/> <attr value="155"/> <attr value="176"/> <attr value="5"/>
4. Each coordinate on the command line is designated by <!-- Text fields (x1, x2, y1, y2) -->
example: line 468 (operator logo coordinates) will be <attr value="x1"/> <attr value="x2"/> <attr value="y1"/> <attr value="y2"/> <attr value="10"/>
5. The full screen of our phone is 176x220 pixels. meaning x1=0 (left most pixel, x2=176 (right most pixel), y1=0 (top most pixel), y2=220 (buttom pixels).
with this information we can now adjust coordinates of the Standby text feilds just change values accordingly.

6. Take note that when adjusting text feilds, be sure to keep the width and height according to font size and text lenght, otherwise your text will be cropped.
ex. line 468 (operator logo coordinates), width is x2-x1=172, and height is y2-y1=21... height must be greater than font size (where original font size is 20) and width is 172 pixels (max is 176, max width of phone screen)
7. After determining the desired coordinates you must subtract 16 to the y1 & y2 coordinates. this value was set by SE... (don't ask me why). Default operator logo coordinates are x1=2, x2=174, y1=5, y2=26.
ex. on my custom layout.xml I cahange the coordinates to x1=0, x2=68, y1=155, y2=176. (see my post above). and as you can see it is just located above the left softkey "Calls".
*img214.imageshack.us/img214/3213/phonescreenrn0.th.png

8. Fonts.. line 445: operator logo font size... <attr value="FontE_20R"/>. 20 designates the font size & R means Regular! In my custom layout it is 14R...
Note: smallest readable font is 12R... but looks very crappy! so i suggest 14 to be minimum... to make it BOLD replace R to B!

9. Line48: Scrollbars: <sett name="ScrollBarMode" value="2"/> set value to 0 to deactivate. Note: most of the scrollbars will be gone... not all!... this is to be used if you are using a diffenrt menu.ml (the DesktopFullScreen Mode)...

Ok I think thats it... please check if it is clear...

amxcs

Broken In
a_k_s_h_a_y said:
ifs/settings/acoustic/ >> Acoustics file
ifs/settings/camera/ >> Camera driver
ifs/settings/display/ >> Display driver

tpa/preset/system/desktop/flash >> flash menus

tpa/system/layout/ >> layout.xml
tpa/system/system/mutlitmedia/mp/skin >> Walkman 2 skins
tpa/system/preset/multimedia/pe >> frames , clipart etc
tpa/system/preset/multimedia/av >> visualizations

tpa/user >> stock pics and themes...

tpa/preset/system/language >> language files.. add more languages here

tpa/preset/system/settings >> startup and shutdown screens !
tpa/preset/system/sound >> all sound files
tpa/preset/system/menu >> the famous menu.ml
tpa/preset/system/fonts >> fonts !
Where the files of javas applications?

amxcs

Broken In
"in phone memory"
where??

Why do I cannot copy files from the telephone of the computer with far manager, show that they are 0-kilobytes?

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^ see memory card and phone memory carefuly
and its not allowed to copy files off far manager to computer .. coz sefs is not programmed to do so .. neither have sony created such reverse loaders

Top Bottom