Tutorial: Flashing k550i to w610i !!

crator

Broken In
hi guyz im new and thx for akshay for great tutorial im planning to buy an k550i for christmas thats in week i think and its gonna be sim locked and im afraid to flash cuz if ill flash the fone then ill not be able to use any sim cards? thats what happened to 50pund? will i be able to use that card that i bought the fone from?:confused:and another question how can i get my fones fs and main?:confused:
and again THX A_K_S_H_A_Y LOL thats rim

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^^ after flashing i am unsure(not sure) if your phone will start of not !!
you better go for a permanent unlock and then flash it ! so its going to cost you a bit more !

i don't know about unlocking coz i hv never come across such phones !
rest or other wise phone is very good .. nice music too .. you need good earphones

and M2 card is pretty costly .. that's a disadvantage .. !

the problems is after changes some changes take place in GDFS area .. so may be writing back original GDFS might slove it after having flashed to w610i .. and this i have not tested .. coz i can't as i don't have a locked phone anywhere in my country

i think by using TMS and unlocking cable you can permeanently fix it off

crator

Broken In
Damn It Im Scared ;/ :( To Do It Its Like 50/50 well then i think ill wait for summer lol pretty bad since ive to stay with mine cxv 70 XD

Last edited:
OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
no no contact 50pounds .. mail him or PM him
and then there is TMS
you can find them here in topsony website
or just get it unlocked from neighborhood shop
and remember you must not patch unlock..!
he had patch unlocked so phone would refuse to start after flash

i think phone will work if you flash it .. since EROM stays intact where the lock is put .. but never know what might happen in your case ! also if if it does not work .. just reflash GDFS things will go right !! but clearly we don't know what might happen .. from the knowledge that we have if flash phone should start .. but not unlock

*www.topsony.com/forum/cmps_index.php

best would be you ask him !!

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^ it just contains all kinds of important phone information .. !
like location , locks , customization , phone specifications ,imei , phone name , address book etc

when we do gdfs backup we backup only important variables not everything , coz if gdfs goes bad no problem .. but important variables like imei , phone internal settings should be put back so that phone can be started ..!!
software like main and fs reside else where in memory

inemes

Right off the assembly line
Check this link to find out more about GDFS (and everythin else!) ;)

*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=8313

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
nice link

you can this tutorial to copy files off phone fs .. but its soo much headace
i don't use it .. coz you get fs extracted !

*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=17170

Last edited:

crator

Broken In
so which one u use ? ;) ok another question where can i get xs ++ 3,1? not using paypal so i cant download it from topsony i would be very thankfull oh found it then u posed it XD thx

Last edited:
OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
XS++ 3.0 from se-nse
register there and download .. !

*forums.se-nse.net/
*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=6805

but you got your phone now ??
and Firmwares i think you must have them by now !!

crator

Broken In
a_k_s_h_a_y said:
this is the worth of k550i
now its become cheap .. when i got it . it was at its max price !!
i feel sorry for u but i think at the max price its still worth the money and which one should i use xs2,2,xs3.0,xs3.1orxs3.2 ? :mrgreen:

crator

Broken In
CRAP IM SO STUPID!!! wel i was in shop of fones and asked is it sim locked cuz on the web it says it is they said NO in the web it says that if were is * near the phone name then its sim locked damn im stupid :D:p and no i didnt bought fone cuz its not christmas yet

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hey if phone is not sim locked then just flash it away !
and btw what's the price ?? buy it soon before its price goes up !

crator

Broken In
well how much it costs in your country? in mine it costs about 150 eur but the shop which im buying from i selling it for 189 but thats not the point lol i ve some friends in were they will sell me it for 100euros and why should price go up? :confused:

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
i just thought christmas special offer will close soon
pirce here is 140 Euro

and all phones here are unlocked and free of branding and stuff

@crator

this time i made my mind that i am not going to login again .. am soo addicted to this .. coz i hv exams now .. hv to study coz its like do or die man ! all the best with your flashing ! i will catch up with you next year .. will write new improved tutorials in next year in holidays .. these days i hv left updating and adding stuff coz of exams and stuff !! am now soo scared of low marks man !! anyway c ya ! c u later again ! yeah just flash it .. don't worry .. if its unlocked branded phone then its too easy !
don't forget to buy memory card and good earphone .. or else no fun at all

Last edited:
Top Bottom