Tutorial: Flashing k550i to w610i !!

Shin

Fool Young Birdie XD
You got me wrong Akshay!
Here in Hungary EVERY K550i models are CID51, the old and even the new ones!!
And now that's the problem! I tried perhaps all of the ways to change the new ones to CID52, and every time I got an error!

I mean, maybe T-Mobile or Sony Ericsson team found out a way to keep some of their new models in CID51, because i think they already know we can only flash CID52 phones properly!

So in this case, This thread could be important!

But you're the God here, do as you wish! :rolleyes:

P.S.: and I Think SETool 2 Lite is very easy to use :) it took me about 3 minutes get used to it! :cool:
Oh and by the way, what does it mean, that you subscribed me to this thread? (anyways thanks)

Last edited:

paleinho

Right off the assembly line
Thank u guys !
Worked like a charm, setool2lite is easy to use:cool:
now i have the best of both phones a k550@w610.
thx a lot

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^ ok then will add up CID51 Tutorial soon in the main thread ..

actually If Newbs use Setool 2 lite they they can kill phones .. that's why

and some times Setool 2 lite fails .. like setool 2 lite 1.07
se tool 2 lite 1.08 is pretty good

ok i added that CID51 update....... will write more on it later ... hv lots of exams now .. damn it .. and internet is soo addictive .. must over come that ;)

Last edited:

Shin

Fool Young Birdie XD
a_k_s_h_a_y said:
^^ ok then will add up CID51 Tutorial soon in the main thread ..

actually If Newbs use Setool 2 lite they they can kill phones .. that's why

and some times Setool 2 lite fails .. like setool 2 lite 1.07
se tool 2 lite 1.08 is pretty good

ok i added that CID51 update....... will write more on it later ... hv lots of exams now .. damn it .. and internet is soo addictive .. must over come that ;)

Whoa, thanks man, i thought that you would be a tougher one :D

I have se tool 2 lite 1.08, there wasn't any problem with it (thank god), but since weekend I have two new requests with new CID51 K550 phones to make it w610! :D

Anyways I have CID51 K550i MAIN and FS too if anyone needs it...

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
ok fellows if you re install windows .. then

Reinstall SE PCsuite .. Connect phone to SE PC Suite once for Data Transfer and once for Contacts Sync

then reinstall SEUS... connect phone to SEUS .. but don't update .. after connecting say no to update.. or it will only say no updates if firmware is latest

then connect to XS++

Shin

Fool Young Birdie XD
a_k_s_h_a_y said:
ok fellows if you re install windows .. then

Reinstall SE PCsuite .. Connect phone to SE PC Suite once for Data Transfer and once for Contacts Sync

then reinstall SEUS... connect phone to SEUS .. but don't update .. after connecting say no to update.. or it will only say no updates if firmware is latest

then connect to XS++

hmm it's not clear enough to me... connect to SEUS but do not update? Than how to update? :confused: I mean to CID52? And also, if i connect to SEUS doesn't it update automatically? or does it ask? because it'll search to updates automatically as I know...

OR you mean to update to CID52 with script in XS++?

I don't think it'll work... but I'll try this :D

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
^^^^^^ hey that was not for updating phone to CID52
it was for people who reinstalled windows and having problems connnecting phone to XS++

well but you can try to update phone to CID52 using SEUS .. lol !

ajib46

Hey guys..
I got new cam driver ( Number1 2.9 Driver for k550/w610 )..:D
Here the link..

*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=552

Number1 2.9

Changes:
- Stable buffers for all modes
- Videorecord - Normal Mode - 24fps,SVRL™ (for more, see Speed Video Recording Lite™) not less than 24FPS.
- 100% compression FINE, normal is 95%
- The average and maximal sizes of pictures are changed in 2.9 FINE & NORMAL
- SVRL™ (Speed Video Recording Lite™): a mode of a videorecord with stable, not changing value fps. fps not less than 24 (LITE Verson of SonarikK510 Speed Video Recording).
- New modes of shooting on the basis of standard (see "More in detail about modes ") are written.
- No more exit from camera, if photo have big size (Right buffer size & right size of pictures).
- More quality of photos at any time, because of optimum adjustments in modes of shooting.
- colour correction - increase color saturation, with colours balanced
- Document mode - a mode of shooting from distance 5cm as in k800i
- Autofocus from K790/K800
- recoded whitebalance from K770i driver cause K770i has the best whitebalance
- increase in sharpness on normal mode.

More in detail about modes (in brackets):
- Normal: Normal mode.

- Twilight Landscape : for a noise free lightscape pic at night

- Twilight portrait (Night Mode with AF): it is intended for shooting in twilight or at night. Because of long endurance try to hold the camera motionlessly or establish it on a steady surface.

- Landscape: it is not changed.

- Portrait (indoors): for a noise free indoor pic (hold phone still).

- Beach/snow = DOCUMENT MODE : advance macro as in k800i document mode is a advance macro mode for taking pics of documents.

- Sports (Sports): it is intended for shooting fast-moving objects. Because of short endurance take care of sufficient illumination.

Speed Video Recording Lite ™ (thanks to SonarikK510)
Videorecording with stable value fps, not less than 24 (LITE Verson of SonarikK510 Speed Video Recording).

colour correction
Increase in colour saturation and balance out the colours (thanks to strong).
*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=18275&hl=

Last edited:
OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
cool .. thanks !!

Announcement !

This Thread is all most complete with everything !
You just need to follow it carefully word by word !

Free Patching for all db2020 phones is Expected in January 2008 !
So Check back for updates !
If patching is available we will then have a new Thread to Patch the phone !

Few things remain undiscussed Like Adding More Stuff into FS ! Like Clipart and Frames etc ! These Trivial Topics will also be discussed later ! if you extracted an FS then i guess no need to tell you how to add them ;)

Till then i close off as i have lots of important exams !
As i said if you have any doubts just read the tutorial once more completely !
Read All the 24 Pages of this thread for more details and stuff that happened in the process !
And also post them here and on Se-Nse !

Last edited:

Shin

Fool Young Birdie XD
a_k_s_h_a_y said:
^^^^^^ hey that was not for updating phone to CID52
it was for people who reinstalled windows and having problems connnecting phone to XS++

well but you can try to update phone to CID52 using SEUS .. lol !
Uups, Sorry :D I1've never had problems anyways...

Exams for me too, theyR suck :(... persistence for us!

girishvkrai

ok..i need to flash back my phone to k550i..
just to confirm..are these the files tat i am supposed to flash ?

CUST____K550i_HB1-06_Gen_CDA102568_2_R8A_GENERIC_CENT_EUROPE
FS______K550_R6BC002_FS_CENT_EUROPE_RED52

Shin

Fool Young Birdie XD
girishvkrai said:
ok..i need to flash back my phone to k550i..
just to confirm..are these the files tat i am supposed to flash ?

CUST____K550i_HB1-06_Gen_CDA102568_2_R8A_GENERIC_CENT_EUROPE

Instead of TWO "FS", you need ONE "FS" and ONE "MAIN", which is something more like this:
K550_R6BC002_MAIN_GENERIC_LI_RED52

And if that custom pack(the one started with "CUST__") is good, then that's all you need.

But if you (still) got an error screen AFTER you flashed the custom pack, then download the custom pack from the first page of this topic, you can download the MAIN and FS there too!

Good Luck!

Last edited:

DMS##33

Re: Tutorial: Flash k550 to w610 !!

hey akshay ,can you please give me the w800 mediterranean main,fs and cust pack?I want to flash my friend's k750 to w800 and I registered on top sony but it says that I must be registered for 2 months before I can download:mad:If you can please send them to me or post them so I can download them from rapidshare.You dont have to rush(but within 1 month:rolleyes:),do it any time you have time and only if you want.

Also your tut. has helped me so much and now I have a k550im@w610i with walkman 2.0 skins,lots of flash themes and wallpapers,w880 acoustics(awesome),extreme camera drivers and I am very :D:D:D with my w610!!!Thanks to you!!!

inemes

HI ppl,
I'm new one on this (bought K550i 2 days ago) and ofcourse, I already flashed my K550i to W610i (successfuly thnx to Aks ;P) and after I read all 24 pgs, I realize noone solved the Shin's prob with CID51 to CID52 via SEUS...

...so, I dont know am I the only one who tried the next thing (but that worked in my case) ...

Explanation of procedure:
In part when SEUS display message "You dont have to update, ur version is already up to date" (or somethin like that) everythin u have to do is to choose option "Proceed (update) anyway"
I cant believe that noone didnt try this?!? That worked 4 me and I have now K550 as W610 with no prob at all!

Plz everyone,
post a reply if I'm wrong and I'll change it.

P.s. And one question at the end for Aks or anyone else:
How to put (in any theme) black background and white letters in reading sms pane???

semaj

Broken In
inemes said:
HI ppl,
I'm new one on this (bought K550i 2 days ago) and ofcourse, I already flashed my K550i to W610i (successfuly thnx to Aks ;P) and after I read all 24 pgs, I realize noone solved the Shin's prob with CID51 to CID52 via SEUS...

...so, I dont know am I the only one who tried the next thing (but that worked in my case) ...

In part when SEUS display message "You dont have to update, ur version is already up to date" (or somethin like that) everythin u have to do is to choose option "Proceed (update) anyway"
I cant believe that noone didnt try this?!? That worked 4 me and I have now K550 as W610 with no prob at all!

Plz everyone,
post a reply if I'm wrong and I'll change it.

P.s. And one question at the end for Aks or anyone else:
How to put (in any theme) black background and white letters in reading sms pane???

there is nothing wrong with your post! and also regarding your question... there is nothing we can do right now regarding background of reading sms... I have made several themes and non did the trick!

Shin

Fool Young Birdie XD
inemes said:
HI ppl,

In our case (Hungary) there is no "Proceed" button or anything similar, only the "back to main" button or something like this...

inemes

@Shin...
...u know, i would like to take that procedure one more time and be sure that i wasnt "dreaming" that but u already know the procedure, i cant do that cos i dont want SEUS recognize my phone as K550i and mess up my "new W610i" ;) so, I will try to find someone with the same phone (K550i with K550i firmware) in Belgrade and check it out...

I'll brb with new informations!

Last edited:
Top Bottom