TUTORIAL: Enable HIBERNATE Button in Shutdown Dialog Box !

Status
Not open for further replies.

niks999

Broken In
Hey Vishal!!!
Can u tell me how to change the background of the login screen????
I can change the text but am not able to change the picture in the background!
Help me PLZ@@@@

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
hey guys try this code...this is better and with a 'Cancel' button:cool: :oops: :eek: :D

20100 DIALOGEX 0, 0, 208, 122
STYLE DS_SYSMODAL | DS_SETFOREGROUND | WS_POPUP | WS_BORDER
CAPTION ""
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
FONT 8, "MS Shell Dlg"
{
CONTROL "Cancel", 2, BUTTON, BS_PUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 90, 103, 40, 12
CONTROL "Flag", 20101, STATIC, SS_OWNERDRAW | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 176, 0, 32, 26
CONTROL "Do you wish to \n say bay ", 20102, STATIC, SS_OWNERDRAW | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 50, 0, 162, 26
CONTROL "&Stand By", 20104, BUTTON, BS_OWNERDRAW | BS_NOTIFY | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 68, 49, 22, 20
CONTROL "Turn &Off", 20103, BUTTON, BS_OWNERDRAW | BS_NOTIFY | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 117, 49, 22, 20
CONTROL "&Restart", 20105, BUTTON, BS_OWNERDRAW | BS_NOTIFY | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 169, 49, 22, 20
CONTROL "&Hibernate", 20106, BUTTON, BS_OWNERDRAW | BS_NOTIFY | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 20, 49, 22, 20
CONTROL "", 20108, STATIC, SS_OWNERDRAW | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_DISABLED, 55, 73, 50, 8
CONTROL "", 20107, STATIC, SS_OWNERDRAW | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_DISABLED, 105, 73, 50, 8
CONTROL "", 20109, STATIC, SS_OWNERDRAW | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_DISABLED, 155, 73, 50, 8
CONTROL "Hibernate", 0, STATIC, SS_CENTER | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_CLIPSIBLINGS, 14, 73, 32, 8
CONTROL 20151, 0, STATIC, SS_BITMAP | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_GROUP, 21, 51, 19, 17
}

rajivkohli

Right off the assembly line
Vishal Gupta said:
I read it when it_wazznt_me posted that thread link. But didnt test it.

But after ur post, I read the whole topic again and the d/l link is also posted there. :)

For u I hv uploaded the English version of the HOTFIX here. ;)

After installing the Hotfix, just run the attached Registry file and u'll get what u want. :D

PS: I checked the msgina.dll file again after installing this hotfix, but found nothing special in it. Seems that they just patched the file's internal code. :(

Thanks a lot. I was finding this from months when I first saw this option in my cousin's laptop. I will distribute this to others and all of them will love it. Many thanks to you from all of us.

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
niks999 said:
Hey Vishal!!!
Help me PLZ@@@@
I think this is it

1) Navigate to:

HKEY USERS\ .DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop

2) Double click the wallpaper value, and type in the full path of your image and the filename.

3) To tile the image set "TileWallPaper" to 1

4) To Stretch the wallpaper set "WallPaperStyle" to 2

5) Close the registry editor and the changes will take place when you Log off.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^
It'll change the startup wallpaper, which is shown before the XP login screen. He wanted to change the Login screen background.

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
Vishal Gupta said:
^^
It'll change the startup wallpaper, which is shown before the XP login screen. He wanted to change the Login screen background.
You mean the one where users are shown in the starting???

@niks999
Edit logonui.exe in resource hacker
goto bitmap 201 and replace it .It is ur background
goto bitmap 127 and replace it .It is the logo .

May be it is different in ur pc but u can search for the background image and replace it.

rrkar

great job man.i am new to this forum n hope to learn such exciting things from u all.

freshprince

hello there evry1 i must say that i have learnt a lot form this forum ...well presently i am about completing my own very 1st Xp uattended CD,
my problem is that i used resource hacker to add hybernate button (following the guide in this forum)...well the hybernate button showed but it is a little greyed out. i was wondering what i did wrong i hope that somebody helps or better still post a patched msgina.dll that has the "cu later, just coming" thing .thanks

casanova

The Frozen Nova
U dint do anything wrong. Follow the following steps

1. If standby is enabled goto step 2 else First install ur Graphic drivers, then reboot ur system
2. Right click on desktop, select properties. Goto the screensaver tab and then click on the power button. Another window will show up, select Hibernate tab on it and then select Enable Hibernation.

Done

freshprince

Hey casanova (quite a name i must say LoL) well ...and infra red dude, i really appreciate it ..i will try it when i get back home....since i had to come to a cafe to make this post.thanks.

BTW is there a way to enable it by default?

thanks.

Last edited:
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
1. If VGA drivers are not installed in ur system, the hibernate/stand by buttons will be disabled.
2. If u want to enable the hibernate button by default whenever u do a fresh windows install, then u'll hv to add the hacked "msgina.dll" file in ur windows setup.

freshprince

ok,
so i want to add enable by default in my windows setup... what part of the line in Msgina do i edit.

(pls dont be tired of me ..i am just eager to be something in this IT world.)

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
niks999 said:
Hey Vishal!!!
Help me PLZ@@@@

follow this thread of mine :D

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62661&page=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom