Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Tutorial

Creating Partitions in HP Pavilion Desktops & Laptops

What you need
  • A blank CD. (not Re-Writable).
To create a Partition, first you need to create a “HP PC Recovery Tools CD(a type of Boot CD).

Creating a HP PC Recovery Tools CD
  • Click “Start -> All Programs -> PC Help & Tools -> HP PC Recovery Tools CD.”
  • The “HP PC Recovery Tools CD” window opens, select “Create the Recovery Tools CD” -> “Next”.
  • Now follow the on-screen instructions for creating (burning) the CD.
Refer these pics.

*img141.imageshack.us/img141/6580/hpyk9.th.jpg - *img148.imageshack.us/img148/6760/hp1um9.th.jpg

Now lets get to business :D

Creating Partitions

Insert the newly created “HP PC Recovery Tools CD” in the CD Tray & restart the PC.
Now the PC will boot using the CD (like Live OS).
  • In the first Screen, you are given FIVE options, they are
1. Remove recovery partition. (Never Do this)
2. Start PC Recovery program.
3. Run Microsoft Recovery Console
4. Create a new data Partition
5. Instruction. (read this if you need help).
*img264.imageshack.us/img264/5449/hpur6.th.jpg
  • Select the Fourth Option, & click “Next”.
In the next screen, info is given about that option.
*img99.imageshack.us/img99/334/hp1ua9.th.jpg
  • In the next screen, select EXTENDED PARTITION under “Partition Type” & “NTFS” under “File System”.
*img297.imageshack.us/img297/6031/hp2yr5.th.jpg
  • Move the Slider to Extreme Right Position, under the Slider you can see the New Disk Size to be created. (moving the slider, tells the system to create a partition of the indicated size).
*img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hp2yr5.jpgNOTE: When you move the Slider, it'll show you the New Partition's Size (in GB).
  • Click “Next”, let the “HP PC Recovery Tools CD” create the new partition for you.
*img441.imageshack.us/img441/6545/hp3sz1.th.jpg
  • Congratulations, you have successfully created a Partition. :D
Now when the system Reboots, remove the CD quickly (just when BIOS screen comes). Lets the System boot into Windows XP, now XP will identify the new Drive & ask you to “Reboot” to install it properly, so reboot again.

Now for Creating more Partitions from that BIG Extended Partition, use any software you like for that purpose or use the Windows XP’s inbuilt feature for creating “Logical Drives”.

I used "Paragon Partition Manager 5". (Free, full version)
get it from here- FREE FULL VERSION DOWNLOAD thread.

If you need more help on creating more partitions, feel free to ask:).

Special Thanks to Mr.Vista:D (Vishal_Gupta) from whom i've learnt a lot about Partitions.:)
& also to Kiran_tech_mania for informing us about that Paragon Partition Manager Software.

=> Rate this thread.:)

Last edited:

uchiha.sasuke

Journeyman
my harddisk is of 100 gb capacity. C: drive is of 83 gb and D: drive is of 9 gb and 1 gb unpartitioned .....now in C: drive size of free space left is 53......so wat shud be d min size for c drive now......and its safe naaaaaaaa....................i have data in C: and i dont wanna to loose it agn...as i have already recover my pc 2 days ago.......

Aberforth

The Internationalist
^^ Defragment your C Drive before you resize and patition it. And back up files just in case, however sure you might be things do go wrong sometimes. ;)

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
this "HP Recovery Tools CD" makes this whole Partitioning thing SAFE.:wink:

it calculates as to how much space should be allocated for new partition. (the "Slider thing").

In my case [80GB HDD], my C: Drive was 68GB, & D: Drive = 6.41, when i used this CD to create new partition, C: drive was resized to ~16GB. (used space was around 4-5GB) & resultant new partition was ~52GB.

so its a pre-calculated thing, your C: drive will be resized according to the Space used.:wink:

_______
Edited

NOTE: When you move the Slider, it'll show you the New Partition's Size (in GB).

Last edited:
OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^As many people have doubts in HP (branded) PC's for creating Partitions:), so i made this tut Exclusively for HP users.:D

& for Assembled PC users, they can create the partitions using the "XP Installation CD" itself. In HP PC's this cant be done, as ONLY two "PC Recovery Disks" (DVD) are provided, which inturn has VERY LIMITED function.:wink:

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Thanks guys:):):)

The Unknown said:
how do u bring that best of luck smiley?
*img254.imageshack.us/img254/3628/google1tr6.gif

*smilies.sofrayt.com/^/aiw/tongue.gif*smilies.sofrayt.com/^/aiw/tongue.gif*smilies.sofrayt.com/^/aiw/tongue.gif

here you go Smiley Arena - emoticons/signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom