TUTORIAL: All Kinds of Restrictions for Windows XP/2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Techie

In the zone
Please help me guys. Some crap came from yahoo messenger though norton deleted it My computer has got infected. First i saw that i cannot get the task manager to run then i thought to enable it again from gpedit then there was no run in start menu so i couldn't run gpedit or registry editor . Then i made registries for solving this just to know that registry editor has been disabled. So what do i do now i don't want to format.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^^^^^^^^^
to open run box press
windows key+R

To enable registry:
After opening run box..type gpedit.msc
Than navigate to:
User Configuration-->> Administrative Templates-->> System

In the right pane, disable Prevent access to Registry editing tools .

Or type this command in run box and press enter:
REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

Official Techie

In the zone
ravi_9793 said:
^^^^^^^^^^
to open run box press
windows key+R

To enable registry:
After opening run box..type gpedit.msc
Than navigate to:
User Configuration-->> Administrative Templates-->> System

In the right pane, disable Prevent access to Registry editing tools .

Or type this command in run box and press enter:
REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableRegistryTools /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

windows key + r not working its also disabled dont u think i might have tried as simple a thing

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Official Techie said:
windows key + r not working its also disabled dont u think i might have tried as simple a thing
can you open task manager using alt+ctrl+del

Last edited:
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@Official Techie
U can open "gpedit.msc" and regedit by direct running them from "%windir%\System32\" folder.

And the command to enable regedit can also be given from Command Prompt.

Official Techie

In the zone
Thanks buddy i thought about opening regedit from system 32 folder but regedit.exe was disabled so i thought that gpedit.msc might be disabled too so i didn't not check it but thanks to u i just gave it a atry and saw that the virus hadn't blocked it Thanks Once again

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
i install the fedora transformation pack then i want change a text file to reg file by rename the with .reg extension but its not convert into the registry file

arnabdigit

Right off the assembly line
hey, vishal da. I've tried ur tips. But I cant disable msconfig !!!! Can u tell me why it's happening?

suyashpandit

Digit Addict
wow Really U are a Reg Master

could u plz tell me is there twek to stop any new installations..

bcoz my friends installed harmfull things many times..

i want to stop new installations of any file...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom