Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx ;)

@gary4gar
I can create a single .REG file for automating the whole task but it'll not be useful to all, e.g., some members would like to restrict Desktop properties but some would not, so it'll not work for all :)

Last edited:

vikasg03

Journeyman
Thanks ,but u left one important. How to "Disable Network Control Panel" in windows 2000/xp. I know how to disable this one in win 98 by using this key
"[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\
Network]"
Value Name: NoNetSetup
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

This tweak works in 98 but not work in 2000 or xp. if u know then plz provide.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I posted only frequently used Restrictions :)

There are many other restrictions, which I can post on demand ;)

Regarding to ur query, u can restrict any Control Panel Applet in 2000/XP using any of following 2 tricks:

1.) If u know the exact filename of the applet, u want to restrict, (like desk.cpl for desktop properties), then simply create following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load

and in right-side pane, create a new String value with the same name of the file (like desk.cpl, if u want to restrict this applet in control panel) and set its value to 1 to restirct it.

2.) OR just create following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\DisallowCpl

and in right-side pane create a new String value and in its name give any number, (like 1, and so on) and set its value to exact name of the applet (like "Network Connections" to restrict this applet)! :)

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
There used to be a project called RedEdit.com - now known as WinGuides.com ( *winguides.com/registry/ )
almost all of these tricks are neatly mentioned there. They also have a utility which will do these registry edits for the user.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^
There r lots of sites along with the site u mentioned, where we can get such tricks and many more without any problem, but it doesnt mean that we should not share our information with others :)

I know these tricks and thats why I posted them......

Matrix

It's me.....
Matrix said:
1. How to stop other users frm executing types of file u want to and can passwords be given to execute specific file types ?

Vishal Gupta said:
1.) It can't be done using registry u'll hv to use 3rd party s/w.

Matrix said:
1. Any such 3rd party Software which can do this ....?

So Vishal can you plz suggest some free/paid apps to do this ? Thanks for the help in advance.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Sorry! But I never used any such software :(

May be some other member knows about it? :)

I'll let u know if I get any info about such software ;)

F

fannedman

Nice ones,but you are doing this the long way.All these registry hacks can be done without going into the nitty-gritty of the registry i.e through GROUP POLICY.

Go to run,then type gpedit.msc.This will open the group policy editor. I think you'll find almost all of your hacks here and even more advanced options. As you can see microsoft had already implemented most of these hacks,but left them disabled here.

Again like with the registry,you should do this with caution.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
no words to explain how much ur SPECIAL TUTS help man......how do u keep so much in UR BRAIN.....;)

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
hey thanks...........
how can i block traffic of specific web browser......

K

keves2002

@vishal

Sukran :) [ Thats vat here ppl say 4 thanx in "Arabic" ], hey man now u r popular amoung my friends here in United Arab Emirates :grin:

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^
Buddy u forgot to ask my permission before posting them :)
And also u hvnt given credits to me in any tut?
I checked one tut about "enable hibernate button" and it shows "By Siddharth Maheshwari(site owner) Contact:-siddharth_bhoot@yahoo.co.in" :confused:

U should post a link to actual tut in each tutorial at ur site, like this:

*tusharhindlekar3.googlepages.com/tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom