Turn off System restore in all drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasulic

Journeyman
Pls explain me, What happens if I turn off System restore in all drives ?.(My computer--Properties--system restore---turn off system resorce).What is the use of it?

go_gamez

In the zone
if u turn off ..system restore..on all drives u will be unable to restore u r machine to a previously saved restore point..its better u turn on system restore atleast on the drive which contains windows file...so if suddenly u feel u r machine is behaving driffrently..u can restore it back to the good workin condition..

go_gamez

In the zone
ya thts true u can save lot of hdd space nad ram..but if r pc crashes frquently..or starts behaving in an unusual manner i advise u to keep system restore on..

go_gamez

In the zone
no the ram is also affected..cause system restore monitor is running all the time..and does take ram resources when monitoring the hdd partitions.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. Sytem Restore doesn't use any ram or CPU time until it is invoked before a setup process or in any other instance .... infact the process is disabled as soon as it complete execution ...

OP
vasulic

vasulic

Journeyman
yesterday I turned off my system restore in all drives and I gained 6gb of HDD space. To-day I have truned on it.

1)Will it any way affect my computer ?.

2)Is it a good habbit to turnoff the Sys restore for some time and on it afterwards (once in 6 months) so that i gain HDD space?

go_gamez

In the zone
ya its ok .if u turn off system restore ...for sometime to gain HHD spce..but u can also..do a disk clean up and delete all system restore files to get back u r HDD space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom