Truck Driver tries to mow down Delhi Traffic Police Commissioner

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Truck driver tries to mow down Delhi Police traffic chief, constable​
:shock:
A truck driver allegedly attempted to run over a senior traffic police officer and a constable in the national capital on Tuesday night.

The incident took place near Kalindi Kunj area in south-east Delhi when joint commissioner of police (JCP) Satyendra Garg , who heads Delhi Traffic Police, was on rounds with DCP traffic (south) Premnath.

The driver of the sand-laden truck was indicated to stop near Sunlight Colony. However, instead of stopping, the driver sped up the vehicle and allegedly tried to crush Garg and constable Ravindra who accompanied the officer while he was overseeing vehicular diversion. The DCP and a constable accompanying him had a narrow escape.

The driver fled from the spot after the incident. The police have registered a case of attempt to murder against the driver. The constable was injured in the incident, but was reported to be out of danger.

The vehicle was impounded and its owner arrested. Hunt was on to nab the driver.

Source: Truck driver tries to mow down Delhi Police traffic chief, constable : North, News - India Today

tkin

Back to school!!
Truck driver tries to mow down Delhi Police traffic chief, constable​
:shock:

Source: Truck driver tries to mow down Delhi Police traffic chief, constable : North, News - India Today
Why did they arrest the owner? Was he present in the truck?

Tech&ME

Banned
Why did they arrest the owner? Was he present in the truck?

Owner is also responsible because it is a "Public Carrier". The vehicle doesn't belong to the DRIVER.....

Such incidents takes place because some people take bribe and the Driver was only trying to save some money.....but caught for some other reason. Also the Driver should have been booked for RASH driving and not attempt to murder.....

Nothing is going to happen to the Driver even if he is caught..... there is no LAW under Motor Vehicle Act, which forbids the driver from killing someone "unintentionally".

tkin

Back to school!!
Owner is also responsible because it is a "Public Carrier". The vehicle doesn't belong to the DRIVER.....

Such incidents takes place because some people take bribe and the Driver was only trying to save some money.....but caught for some other reason. Also the Driver should have been booked for RASH driving and not attempt to murder.....

Nothing is going to happen to the Driver even if he is caught..... there is no LAW under Motor Vehicle Act, which forbids the driver from killing someone "unintentionally".
Well, here's an example, suppose you sell knives, someone buys your knife and kills someone, will the police arrest you? This is ridiculous.

tkin

Back to school!!
Well , I think since the driver wasn't caught , they'll go to the owner.
Yeah, but why arrest him, if my employee kills someone, does that make me liable for the crime? Where's a lawyer when you need one, someone summon sumopathak...

mohityadavx

Youngling
Yeah, but why arrest him, if my employee kills someone, does that make me liable for the crime? Where's a lawyer when you need one, someone summon sumopathak...

Well its called vicarious liability what happens is that most of the time Employees are not in a condition to pay hence company/Employer pays the money
Also its not everytime company/employer pays say you are a computer engineer and yous crew somebody computer then company will pay on your behalf but during the course of employment if you punch somebody which is not a part of work assigned to you in your employment then you will pay
here driver's task is to drive tuck part of his employment hence he will have to pay

tkin

Back to school!!
Well its called vicarious liability what happens is that most of the time Employees are not in a condition to pay hence company/Employer pays the money
Also its not everytime company/employer pays say you are a computer engineer and yous crew somebody computer then company will pay on your behalf but during the course of employment if you punch somebody which is not a part of work assigned to you in your employment then you will pay
here driver's task is to drive tuck part of his employment hence he will have to pay
Yeah, get that, but why arrest him? They could just fine him(it was an accident and no property was damaged, so not sure who will receive the payment).

mohityadavx

Youngling
They mush have booked him for criminal charges anyway your logic is like saying I shoot at you and I miss so I shouldn't be charged with attempt to murder

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
AajTak said the truck had stopped when a constable indicated him, but rushed when documents were asked.

Mr. Satyendra Garg posted on FB: *www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=528326717189036&id=117817371573308

tkin

Back to school!!
They mush have booked him for criminal charges anyway your logic is like saying I shoot at you and I miss so I shouldn't be charged with attempt to murder
Umm no, the owner was NOT present in the vehicle, your logic is like this, suppose I am a TCS employee, I kill someone during my office hours outside of my office, now the police should arrest ratan tata(or cyrus).

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Umm no, the owner was NOT present in the vehicle, your logic is like this, suppose I am a TCS employee, I kill someone during my office hours outside of my office, now the police should arrest ratan tata(or cyrus).

Yes, I agree with you.
The Hindu says driver is arrested and owner isn't. :)

Tech&ME

Banned
What ever it may be....

The Jt. Commissioner of Delhi Police has stepped down from his post [ read retired ]

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
What ever it may be....

The Jt. Commissioner of Delhi Police has stepped down from his post [ read retired ]

NO!
He isn't retired. He's transferred to Mizoram.

EDIT: Unable to find a related article but read last line of *indiatoday.intoday.in/story/traffi...own-car-a-ticket-satyendra-garg/1/221734.html
(Satyendra Garg)who is going to leave office in a few days as he has been transferred from Delhi to Mizoram, said.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
He was a great officer. I hope the new JCP Traffic is as good as him or better. Who is new JCP anyways?
Sorry for OT.
Who knows, this is the reward for hardworking police officers in India, just google 'Damayanti Sen' and see first few links, politicians rule this country, even judges are afraid of them, sad but true :|

Top Bottom