trouble with USB ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyen_abrol

Broken In
hi!
i am new to this group...i have a query...none of my USB ports are working...the computer detects them(displays the message new hardware found and ready to use) but when i insert some USB device(say a pen drive) it( USB device) is not detected...i have tried installing the USB 2.0 drivers but that doesnt solve the problem....
Can anyone offer any help...

Also,i consulted a tech and he says my PCI buses are not activated and thats why the USB ports are not working....what do i do to activate them

What do i do to solve the problem

Thanks
Satyen

krishnathelord

In the zone
r u talking of front usb ports which r on the front on the cabinet,
if yes then check with usb ports on the back and if it works then the technitian must have forgotten to connect the cord to the mobo, and if still doesnot work then u may have to replace the mobo

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
Also,i consulted a tech and he says my PCI buses are not activated and thats why the USB ports are not working....what do i do to activate them

I am continously amazed at the amount of bulls**t the so called technicians can give...
If sticking the usb device into the rear ports does not work then information about what OS you are using is critical before anyone can actually help you.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
check ur BIOS settings .
I had a similar problem few days back.
I just enabled the USB from BIOS , and it clicked.
Hope it helps...

OP
S

satyen_abrol

Broken In
well...the problem is not only with the front ports...even those at the back dont work...and i checked my BIOS settings as well everything is fine there....i am using XP service pack 1...and i tried installing new OS ...i am completely clueless

Plz help!
thanks
[/quote]

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
get the checked by a technician

looks like the mobo has got a prob

or for the better cause
is it like u hav been tryin with the same usb device on all ports
r u sure tht the device is workin fine !!!!

OP
S

satyen_abrol

Broken In
yeah the device is working fine and i have tried with other USB devices also....what if i purchase a USB card...will that work...

OP
S

satyen_abrol

Broken In
yeah the device is working fine and i have tried with other USB devices also.....what if i purchase a USB card and install it in the PCI slot...will that work...

LordDJ

Broken In
krishnathelord said:
yes that should work but ur speed of transfer will be very low
Don't see how the speed will be low. Cos most of the USB cards these days are USB 2 compliant.

And Satyen why don't you get the technician look at your comp.Are they listed properly? No yellow exclamation marks? Why don't you try reinstalling your mobo drivers?

krishnathelord

In the zone
[quote="LordDJ
Don't see how the speed will be low. Cos most of the USB cards these days are USB 2 compliant.[/quote]

the cards may be usb2 complaint but the bottleneck is the speed of the pci port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom