Trouble with Lan Card Driver!!

The Nilay

Broken In
I have Silan SC92031 Fast Ethernet Adapter. Since I have formatted my PC a month ago, I have been experiencing a weird problem. I have installed WinXp SP2. OS seems to have some problem with the driver installed for the Lan Card. Xp sometimes accepts the driver and the internet would work fine. But, on those bad days, when I turn on the system, Ethernet Controller would be found out as a new Hardware and even though I install the driver (the same which just works fine) OS would not accept it as a valid driver and I can not use the internet. I do not know what is the problem.Such a problem has never occurred before. This driver has worked fine before. I don't know whether this is a h/w or a s/w problem? Can anybody shed some light upon the problem?
Any help would be appreciated.:smile:
Thanks.
-Nilay

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I'm not clear about your query.

What I've understand is XP accepted your driver and your internet works fine. And after that you said you've been experiencing some driver problems in those bad days.

So your bad days are over na. What's the problem now?? Is the driver operating properly now??

BTW why same thread for with same post?? Reported the other one.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126695

dreams

Gracias Senor
Go to your Device manager and check whether the LAN card is properly installed with driver and working.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Take out the LAN card. Gently wipe the contacts [vertically] with a lint free cloth. Blow hard into the dock back. Reseat it.

OP
T

The Nilay

Broken In
Thanks 'asigh', the solution suggested by you has worked. Sorry, for the late reply though. I also thank other for suggesting me.

-Nilay

Top Bottom