Trouble with Core FTP LE

digik

Journeyman
I use Core FTP LE for uploading content to website. Of late, I am facing problem with it.

I have recently installed Core FTP on Win 8.1 Pro machine. Initially, it was working. But, now it has stopped working properly. Though I can connect FTP server with it, I am unable to upload/download any content. Also, the directory listing is returning "Error in showing directory listing". I found that there is no such problem with win 7 machine.

Kindly help.

OP
D

digik

Journeyman
Today, at afternoon, I found peculiar thing.

Both Core FTP and Filezilla started working. Those could display sub directory listing, download files including .gif files. Files on server could be deleted. But, .gif files could not be uploaded. Only small part of the file gets uploaded i.e. size of the uploaded file on the server is less than the original file.

Kindly help me to detect and resolve the trouble.

OP
D

digik

Journeyman
if it is possible & you can arrange it try win 8.1 system running coreFTP with 3g usb modem/3g mobile for net connection.

I have tested the broadband connection with my laptop running win 7 and have found that core FTP is running OK. Thereafter, I cleaned the system with CCleaner, Glary Utilities and Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes reported some malware. Then again I tested Core FTP. I found for all the uploads, whether documents or images, only 5 kb data is being uploaded.

Your comment please.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
to rule out any network related issue i suggested 3g usb modem as it is a direct connection where all ports are open compared to broadband where port forwarding may be setup in router.you can also try on another win 8.1 laptop.

OP
D

digik

Journeyman
to rule out any network related issue i suggested 3g usb modem as it is a direct connection where all ports are open compared to broadband where port forwarding may be setup in router.you can also try on another win 8.1 laptop.

Yes. I today tested with MTS 3g usb modem. The result remained the same.

My PC connects to internet through LAN. Today, I noticed that the LAN ip4 parameters were set to automatic. I set them to proper values that has been used earlier and then tested again. But, there was no improvement.

I, therefore, formatted the disk and re-installed the OS etc. After testing, I found the same result.

We are using NIC server and have to connect it through VPN. Thereafter, we can upload/download using Core FTP.

Any more suggestions please.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
then i think it is better to ask core ftp developers regarding this issue.if it was working earlier then we can rule out windows update as the culprit as you formatted & reinstalled os(assuming no updates were installed) with same result.try with some older version of core ftp because it may be the core ftp update which is the issue.

sujeet2555

In the zone
why do you need a ftp program ? it works just fine inside window itself .just type ftp:"address" in the address bar of the explorer.

OP
D

digik

Journeyman
The problem has been resolved by turning off Quick Heal and Windows Firewall. However, question still remains why no problem is faced with win 7 system with above firewall turned on.
Earlier, I disabled quick heal but didnot notice that doing so was activating windows firewall.
Thanks to all fellow members, especially whitestar, for inputs.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good to know your issue is resolved :) Windows firewall may work differently in win 8.1 compared to win 7.If there is no other issue then let me know & i will close the thread.

Top Bottom