Trouble with all Executables

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
I am facing problems with all the executables, shortcuts and other files/programs. Each of them, when clicked, opensThis window. In the right-click cascade menu, there are several options as shown in this picture. The programs run only when clicking on start, otherwise, only that window appears which says "Open With...".

What could be the problem. Please, don't tell me to format my computer.

Seems to me like a malware issue. Get yourself a good updated AV and scan it (Avast or Nod 32).
Try deleting a faulty shortcut and replace it with a new one directly from its .exe file in c:\program files or whatever the install location may be.

OP
hjpotter92

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
Try solution posted at *support.microsoft.com/kb/555067

Arun
Those solutions didn't work.

@celldweller: I am using AVG 9. I started the scanning overnight, and checked the 'Force Shutdown After Scan', but the computer didn't shutdown. When I restarted the computer, all the auto startup programs are not working. I am also not able to enter the Properties section of My Computer. It displays the error message as shown. But, the 'rundll32.exe' is present.

The rundll32.exe process is responsible for running DLLs and placing its libraries in the memory. Multiple instances or any errors in the programs may be a result of virus/malware. Get Avast 5 Pro trial, update it and run a boot time scan or a Thorough scan.
Avg seldom catches viruses acc to my personnel experience. I had a virus in XP that used to disable my network and sound everytime when i had AVG fully updated. After Avast 4.8 pro, i never saw any malware issue in my pc.

OP
hjpotter92

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
But Avast detect my HTML created files as virus/malwares, and deletes them without any notification.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
But Avast detect my HTML created files as virus/malwares, and deletes them without any notification.

dude..use common sense....ur system...was working perfectly then all of sudden it happend dat any .exe on clicking opens a openwith....popup...
dat means a worm/virus has manipulated ur system files....:-o

OP
hjpotter92

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
then use Nod32 or Kaspersky !
Will try Kaspersky.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Sorry to dual post, but the problem was solved. I hacked the registry by using solutions on *support.microsoft.com/kb/555067 to open the registry, and copied all the '.exe' from my friends computer to mine.

Thanks sakumar..

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

It is good that posts are automatically merged.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Sorry to dual post, but the problem was solved. I hacked the registry by using solutions on *support.microsoft.com/kb/555067 to open the registry, and copied all the '.exe' from my friends computer to mine.

Hacked....whether its a temporary solution or permanent i dnt knw....

Top Bottom