Trouble using Old HDD through External Casing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Hi,
Recently, I purchased an External Casing box of Gemini make. I had a old PC in which Windows had got corrupted and I could not get it to boot (I get that 'not a system disk' warning). So, I tried to connect the old HD to the casing and through it to a new PC where I wanted to make it dos bootable and then install Windows back. BTW, The old PC's floppy drive also has gone kaput.

Now, when I tried to connect the casing to the PC, it was recognised and the drivers got installed. However, after this, the hard disk still did not come up on the 'My computer'... As per some site suggestion, I tried to open Computer Management in Admin Tools and see Removable Storage, but I got an error after trying to refresh for a long time...

What could be the problem? I will post the exact error message tomorrow morning...

Arun

Ishan

In the zone
How can i do this: i have one extra hard disk. i want to get some files from it. i attached it with my new hardisk in my new PC instead of the CD drive. it works fine. But if i want to connect it and even wanna use CD drive then?

OP
S

sakumar79

Technomancer
The error message when trying to get Removable Storage info on Computer Management is as shown below

Server execution failed

This snapin's display may be inconsistent with the Removable Storage Service. If the problem persists pleast restart the snapin

Arun

parthbarot

In the zone
see... u can buy case to make ur HDD USB...the case has USB port and extra plug for power supply so no need to join it..just plug into usb and u get it!

case r of 2 types.
1. only for HDD (cheaper abt 200 to 300 Rs)
2. for cd/dvd /HDD all (abt 600 to 800 Rs)

u can try this...

OR

get the data port which has 3 slots in it(abt 40 to 60Rs) ....join one end in Motherboard,join the second in CD/DVD and third one in HDD...
then also u have one empty slot on motherboard...so u can use 2 such 3 slot ports and can attach 4 drives to ur PC...
for floppy extra slot is there..means total 5 drives...

got it?
take the option u want...and need help then PM or write here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom