Trojan & Virus Problem ... Suggestions rqd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
I have these viruses and trojans in the Windows\temp folder. I tried deleting the folder but doesnt. Also doesnt detect thru NOD32 and KAV.

They are

1. Torjan horse Java/Class Leader

2. Virus identified Java/Byte Verify.

How do I eliminate them?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Try deleting in safe mode. How did u know they r viruses, if they r not detected by NOD and KAV??

swatkat

Technomancer
achacko@dataone.in said:
I have these viruses and trojans in the Windows\temp folder. I tried deleting the folder but doesnt. Also doesnt detect thru NOD32 and KAV.

They are

1. Torjan horse Java/Class Leader

2. Virus identified Java/Byte Verify.

How do I eliminate them?

Java Byte Verify is a vulnerability. You can remove the threat by cleaning the Java JAR Cache. Follow these steps:-
Go to Start > Settings > Control panel > Java Plugin. Here click "Delete Files" under the "Temporary Internet Files" dialog box.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
@Swatkat - I did that , but it doesnt go. The files which are affected are in the Windows/Temp folder not Temp Internet files folder.

I'm mentioning the files which cause the probs

JET604d.TMP

JETF790.TMP

~df8e35.TMP

anandk

Distinguished Member
if u know their locations, use 'delete doctor' to delete them
*www.diskcleaners.com/

swatkat

Technomancer
achacko@dataone.in said:
@Swatkat - I did that , but it doesnt go. The files which are affected are in the Windows/Temp folder not Temp Internet files folder.

I'm mentioning the files which cause the probs

JET604d.TMP

JETF790.TMP

~df8e35.TMP

These are temp files, you can use CleanUp! which automatically searches and deletes temp and other junk files.

OP
Charley

Charley

Just Do It
@swatkat - I did the clean up act using the softie , still remains in the TEMP folder.

I tried manually deleting it and shows this msg below : -

Cannot delete the file. Access is denied.

Make sure disk is not full or write protected and that file is not currently in use.

swatkat

Technomancer
Those temp files are being used by some other application. That's why, you can not delete it. Check whether you can delete those files in safe mode.
Java Byte Verify is a vulnerability, and is itself does not do any harm. Some of the files in Java VM contains "viral" code, but they are not allowed to run or load into memory, and this is detected by AntiViruses as viruses. Microsoft has released a patch for this, you can get it here.
*www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-011.mspx

or here...
*www.microsoft.com/security/bulletins/200304_windows.mspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom