Trojan Horse Downloaders -How to remove them

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVB RAJU

Broken In
My PC was infected with the folloiwng trojan horses in C drive and E drive. I am using Windows XP in E Drive and Windows 98SE in C drive.
I am using AVG Antivirus latest updates as on 24 Jan 06. Please tell me how to remove them from my C and E drives.
Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic.OTQ
Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.PMX

The 3 viruses are held in the following areas
(1)(A0053998.exe Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.PMX) c:\System Volume Informatoin \_restore(BADCD1F4-B074-42B7-A17E-C77DC9AC9989:\RP136\A0053998.exe

(2) (run.exe) Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic.OTQ E:\System Volume Informatoin \_restore

(3) (A0049852.exe) Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.OTQ E:\System Volume Informatoin\_restore

Thanks
by TVB RAJU

sakumar79

Technomancer
These locations refer to system restore points... To remove them, you need to delete the existing system restore points... Then, you should create a new system restore point...

To delete all the restore points on your computer, disable and re-enable system restore on the system. Click Start, Control Panel, and then the System icon. Click on the System Restore tab in the dialog box, select the Turn off System Restore check box, and click Apply. Clear the check box again to re-enable System Restore and then click OK.

To create a new System Restore Point in Windows XP Home Edition, click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore. When the System Restore Utility opens, click "Create a Restore Point" then click Next. Enter a name for this Restore Point and click Create. The utility will then take a snapshot of your system so that you can restore to that point sometime in the future.

Note:
Windows XP automatically creates a Restore Point when any of the following occurs:
An unsigned device driver is installed
A new application is installed (if the installation program is compatible with System Restore
Windows Update is used to update your system
A Restore Point from earlier is restored
A backup using the Backup Utility is restored.

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom