tried to save outlook.pst to external drive, got CRC error, ran chkdsk, ran scanpst.e

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunaltech

Journeyman
Kindly Help me out of this.

Here's the sequence I've gone through.

1) I was copying outlook.pst to an external drive, got a cyclic redundancy error (I've been able to copy other files to this drive today so it appears the problem is specifically with the outlook.pst file). Note: Outlook 2003 runs just fine when I run the program, the only problem (thus far) is that I can't copy the outlook.pst file.

2) The ExpertsExchange advice was to then rename outlook.pst to old.pst (which I did), and then to find and run the Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) on the old.pst file (which I have now tried several times).

3) Each time I run scanpst.exe on old.pst I get 30% through the first phase when the error message appears that reads: "An unexpected error prevented access to this file. Use ScanDisk to check the disk for errors, and then try using the Inbox Repair tool again."

Since I use XP Home, am I right in understanding that the XP Home version of ScanDisk is to run chkdsk? If so, I have already done this and found no errors. So what do I do now?

Thank You
Kunal Mehta

janki2008

Broken In
Re: tried to save outlook.pst to external drive, got CRC error, ran chkdsk, ran scanp

Try using spinrite 6 from grc.com & check the status of your HDD
Let us know what happens

Janki

OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
Re: tried to save outlook.pst to external drive, got CRC error, ran chkdsk, ran scanp

Try using spinrite 6 from grc.com & check the status of your HDD
Let us know what happens

Janki

sorry for late reply but this doesnt have trial version where i can use and this much i cant pay as of now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom