Transfer files from a old internal hard disk to a laptop

sada585159

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys, i am new to this forum and this is my first thread.
I had a compaq presario which is 3 yrs old, and its motherboard crashed around 2 months ago. I am planning to buy a new laptop(inspiron 14r SE) :) ..and i wanted to know that how can I transfer the files of my compaq's internal hard disk to the new laptop which I am going to purchase...? Help me guys...!!

Naxal

Little Kid
i wanted to know that how can I transfer the files of my compaq's internal hard disk to the new laptop which I am going to purchase...?

• You may plug that into a friends PC or take to any local computer hardware store and ask them to transfer the files needed into your pen drive.
  • Buy an external HDD encloser, to convert that older HDD into a portable HDD then connect it to your new laptop via USB

OP
S

sada585159

thanx...:) i also wanted to know that will the 'c-drive' show up if i convert it to external hdd....as i do have sum files i need to extract from it...?
And how much would it cost me to convert my internal hdd to external..?

OP
S

sada585159

• You may plug that into a friends PC or take to any local computer hardware store and ask them to transfer the files needed into your pen drive.
  • Buy an external HDD encloser, to convert that older HDD into a portable HDD then connect it to your new laptop via USB

thanx..:) i totally forgot to tell that i cant take out the internal hard disk and convert it to an external hard disk for myself as the laptop would go to my younger brother after it being serviced..,.also the amount of content i want to extract is quite large, around 225gb...so i cant be using a pen drive...is there any cable to directly connect the internal hard drive to my new laptop and transfer the files i need...??

frankeric

Journeyman

thanx..:) i totally forgot to tell that i cant take out the internal hard disk and convert it to an external hard disk for myself as the laptop would go to my younger brother after it being serviced..,.also the amount of content i want to extract is quite large, around 225gb...so i cant be using a pen drive...is there any cable to directly connect the internal hard drive to my new laptop and transfer the files i need...??

Hi bro there are connectors for laptop hard disk which turns your laptop hard in mass storage device than you can easly plug it in your new laptops usb port and copy all the data. I am sending you a link the device will look like that device in link.

Top Bottom