Transcend T sonic 610 as pen drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Transcend T.Sonic 610
Does any body have this player (transcend T.Sonic 610)?
Plz tell me can we use it as pen drive also.
if yes i will purchase it.
plz
plz
plz tell me?

Sourabh

Laptoping
Yes, it works in as a pen drive too. No need of drivers if you have Windows XP SP2. The transfer rates are not that great (~2-3 MB/s) but it gets the work done.

You can very well go ahead and buy one, the 1 Gb variant is nicely priced at 3k.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
If you are very particular, you can go for ear-bud series headphones. It's music quality is awesome! It doesn't come cheap though. At around Rs1000, it offers excellent music quality. The best feature is it closes your ear like a cotton bud(Hence its name). Once you plug-in it in your ears, you are in your own world-completely unaware of surrouding sounds! :)

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I would like to know whether it has sound recording (through microphone) and if so, how is the sound quality?
@kiran.rkk
Yes, the plug type gives good quality by reducing ambient sounds but it is more likely to harm the ear drum than regular head phones.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
janitha said:
Yes, the plug type gives good quality by reducing ambient sounds but it is more likely to harm the ear drum than regular head phones.

It is a general misconception that Ear-bud head phones are harmful than regular ones. Consider you are listening to music via regular head phone at volume 5. Suddenly you found yourself in a noisy surroundings. Since it is a regular head phone, you hear no music. To overcome this you will rise the volume to say 10. Now music sounds louder than surroundings.
Now let's assume the same scenario via Ear-bud head phones. In this case there is no need for you to rise the volume to 10. Because virtualy surrounding sound is closed for you. There may be need to rise it to 6 or 7 but never 10.
You would never listen at volume 10 by regular headphones at silent places, but in noisy places volume of 10 also is never sufficient. So that much of sound is still reaching ur ears but is never sufficient. It is more harmful.

Well Prem, frankly speaking all head phones are harmful at high volumes.
To be in safer side, Never listen to music at high volumes and never listen continously for hours. :)

jack// ani

In the zone
janitha said:
I would like to know whether it has sound recording (through microphone) and if so, how is the sound quality?
@kiran.rkk

yes there is mic/fm recording.....quality is good!! stereophonic recording for FM and mono with mic. you can also play lyrics along with the song...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
kiran.rkk said:
It is a general misconception that Ear-bud head phones are harmful than regular ones. Consider you are listening to music via regular head phone at volume 5. Suddenly you found yourself in a noisy surroundings. Since it is a regular head phone, you hear no music. To overcome this you will rise the volume to say 10. Now music sounds louder than surroundings.
Now let's assume the same scenario via Ear-bud head phones. In this case there is no need for you to rise the volume to 10. Because virtualy surrounding sound is closed for you. There may be need to rise it to 6 or 7 but never 10.
You would never listen at volume 10 by regular headphones at silent places, but in noisy places volume of 10 also is never sufficient. So that much of sound is still reaching ur ears but is never sufficient. It is more harmful.

Well Prem, frankly speaking all head phones are harmful at high volumes.
To be in safer side, Never listen to music at high volumes and never listen continously for hours. :)

Remember the old physics lessons. The power is quadrapled when the distance is halved. (The ear buds are much closer to the ear drums) Then suppose the volume was already set highest when you switch on, wearing the ear plugs. Of course if you are always careful to keep the volume at optimum levels, there is nothing to fear.

BTW, years back, I always preferred ear plug type ones!

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
@Janitha
To be more precise I hope you understand 'Acoustics'. Hearing Loss is directly proportional to the power of output sound. Ofcourse here distance is also involved, but in our scenario, the distance hardly matters. It's the VOLUME.
I have seen some articles against Ear-bud phones, but here main criteria is Volume. And it totally depends upon the reviewer or the user. One can't pin point and say that ear-buds phones are harmful than normal head phones. This quote is supported at high volumes ONLY. At normal volumes both are equally harmful.

You seem to be telling the samething. Anyways dude...one need not discuss so much to understand it. It totally depends upon the user in what way he/she listens the music. Thanks for pointing ur views.

amazingreagan

Right off the assembly line
Did anyone discover how to dislpay song lyrics on transcend t.sonic 610? Please let me know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom