[Complaint] Transcend External HDD 640GB - Disk Failure and RMA

yosharma

Right off the assembly line
I am facing a problem similar to the one shared by MegaMind in the thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/155818-solved-transcend-service.html

Sharing my details hereunder:

Company name: Transcend

Product: 640 GB External HDD - TS640GSJ25M - Serial No. - 3684430787

Name of the distributor/service provider/dealer and location: Purchased from Reliance Digital. Given for replacement to Accel Frontline Services.

Date of purchase:Jan 2011

Description of problems faced and the incident:

I purchased the HDD in Jan 2011. Stored some data in it and then kept it safely. Wanted to access the data in Dec 2011 and to my horror the drive couldn't get detected. Tried with all my might to recover the data - spent many days (with different softwares) but almost nothing could be recovered. This was shocking as I had used the HDD only 3 or 4 times. When even data recovery hope was lost, gave my drive for replacement in March 2012. Was told by Accel Frontline that will get a replacement within 45 days. Now almost 90 days have elapsed and there is no sight of the replacement. Accel Frontline people say that Transcend has no stock of 640 GB HDD.

RMA Details are hereunder:

RMA number/Challan: Call ID: TSCBGN120000198DW, RMA Number: AUTO_RMA_6652143

Date of RMA: 31st March 2012

I contacted Transcend's customer service at "service@transcend-info.com". Got a prompt (but standardized and evasive) response from them. The response is produced verbatim here:

Dear Sir or Madam,

First of all, many thanks for your letter.

We are deeply sorry for your inconvenience, We have pushed Accel to deal with this case as soon as possile. There're some items out of stock, please try to understand, thank you.

If you have any question, please feel free to let us know.
We`ll be eager to service you to the best of our ability.

I fail to understand for what reason will Transcend push the (seemingly faultless) Accel Frontline services? If there is no stock (or not intention to replace faulty HDDs) in Transcend then how will pushing Accel help?

Please suggest the way forward!

Thanks & Regards

OP
Y

yosharma

Right off the assembly line
Was searching the web for Transcend RMA experiences. Found this thread (Avoid Transcend products!) where most people had to deal with 3 months+ of RMA time!!!!!

Wish had read this before buying Transcend HDDs.

Top Bottom