Touchscreen problem with Cyanogenmod 7 on Dell XCD28

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Hi all,

I upgraded the stock ROM on my Dell XCD28 phone to the Gingerbread based Cyanogenmod 7 Nightly Build. I am now facing a number of problems with the screen. First of all the touchscreen has become relatively less sensitive than it used to be on the stock ROM.

Also, the most weird thing about it is that when I tap anywhere on the screen, the touch actually takes place at some random location near the left portion of the screen and results in a drag from that location to the location I actually tapped. This makes typing a real pain in the ***. This however doesn't occur frequently.

Is there anyway to rectify this? If it cannot be rectified, please suggest another ROM not know to cause said problems.

Thanks in advance

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
But, stable builds are not available for my phone. The nightly build is modified to run on my phone. Is there any stable build available?

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I found a stable release, but now, I am unable to boot into ClockworkMod. When I try to boot into clockworkmod recovery, the phone is stuck at the Splash screen and nothing happens. Please help.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
OR, install amonra recovery using terminal. i guess TWRP recovery is not available for this mobile. avoid CM recovery

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Download latest version of cwm and try loading.

I have the version 5.0.8 installed, which is the latest version (Last flashed yesterday). But I have read on some forums the newer CWM recovery has some issues and downgrading to an earlier version helps, but I am unable to find a way to downgrade the recovery anywhere.

OR, install amonra recovery using terminal. i guess TWRP recovery is not available for this mobile. avoid CM recovery

Could you please tell me how do I go about this?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I have the version 5.0.8 installed, which is the latest version (Last flashed yesterday). But I have read on some forums the newer CWM recovery has some issues and downgrading to an earlier version helps, but I am unable to find a way to downgrade the recovery anywhere.

flashing a new recovery when you can't enter the old one will be a tough task. specially cause you'll need to use terminal emulator or adb.

Could you please tell me how do I go about this?

i have done it on my optimus one quite a long time ago. but AFAIK you'll need 2 files (amonra recovery files), extract it & place it on sd card then open terminal emulator & type 5-6 lines of code. i am sure as the recovery is different for your mobile, so will be the codes. go to XDA & search for amonra recovery under zte blade dev section. i am sure at least someone have given those linux commands.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Thanks bro, will check it out.

<Solved>
I installed Recovery Manager v0.37b and flashed v2.5 of CWM Recovery and flashed the ROM with it.

Its all fine now. Thanks everyone for your help.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, looks like the touchscreen problem still persists. It seems like an inherent problem in all Cyanogenmod releases for my phone. It looks like a screen calibration problem. My stock Eclair ROM has a screen calibration tool in the options menu, but its missing in this one. Is there any APK which can restore the calibration functionality? Also, can I use the APK from my stock ROM?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
by default yes but many roms use some kind of multotouch fix. not sure if CM have it or if dev added it in the final ver.

Top Bottom