[Views] Toshiba LCD TV Support

sadhevneo

Right off the assembly line
Hi Everyone,
I am a user of 40" and 22 " LCD from TOSHIBA with the following model numbers 40PB10 & 22PB10.
Name of Distributor - Sargam Electronics - Model Town
Location - Delhi
Date of Purchase - 28 August 2011
RMA's - 111312-23(13 nov 2012), 112012-1669(20 nov 2012) & 112312-1165(23 nov 2012)
The main aim of my post is to reveal the double standards that these companies use to sell their products and the treatment of the customer by support. I purchased both the models on 28 August 2011 .
1. Last year my 22" LCD started having trouble(within 3 months) when visible lines started appearing on the screen . The agent identified this as manufacturing defect and said the Set will be replaced within 7 days . Still after a week the set was not replaced they started stalling citing BS reasons and extending as long as they can. After repeated talks they replaced the set after 3 months .
2. Last year my 40" LCD started having trouble with its USB playback and they promptly replaced the PCB. This problem also started 10 days before and they again replaced it but the problem did not resolve ( audio stops working after certain period of video playback ) and the set started to generate noise when connected with amplifier and speakers. The amp when checked with laptop and computer with same files works fine . Also this set up has been working fine for 1 year. Upon calling their senior agent he used his pen drive and acknowledged the noise issue but reported otherwise to the company that the set is fine and my equipment is defective. Now their agent blames that my amp is defective, my pen drives are defective and my external HDD's are defective.
Such is the double standards that these companies maintain . Do you think this will foster customer relations. Do you think that i will ever in my good mind consider these companies or their products after this. Last year these same people took 3 months to replace a set even when the fault was evident and was manufacturing in nature. All they did was offer bullshit reasons and stall like they are doing now. Whats the purpose of customer care when there is evidently no care but MONEY , MONEY and MORE MONEY !!!
Now these kind of problems arise is that the hardware that they provide is not sufficient. They take their quoted amount and their hardware is barely up to mark . They claim to be HD playable but their hardware can barely handle a 720p file. They claim that their set can play 28 formats, yes it can but it does not fully complete the play through . Play long duration personal videos and the set will crash after 60% play through or the audio will stop. So my main concern is to warn you people out there to make an informed decision. Even though i checked every other set at that time personally but the problem is that the hardware degrades after repeated use and there is lack of memory which cannot accommodate the data when file is played. And the worst part the customer support instead of acknowledgeing the error tries to evade it and blame it on customer. And why because they are leased by the company on contractual basis and all they do is dismiss as many complaints in one day.
Shame on such companies and their business practices!

Top Bottom