Toshiba Laptop L750-X5318- Buying advice Needed urgent

kashyapd

Right off the assembly line
Hello Folks,

I need some serious advice on the below mentioned laptop.

Model : L750-X5318

Config:

i-5 2430 M 2nd. Gen (2.4 GHz)
RAM: 4 GB-DDR 3
Screen Size / Display (cms)
15.6" HD Clear SuperView Led Backlit TFT
Graphics: 1 GB (DDR3) NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M Graphics (NOT GT 520 like earlier toshiba laptops).
HDD: 640GB 5400 rpm SATA
8x DVD SuperMult +/- R DL SATA
2 x USB2.0, 1 x USB3.0 (supports “sleep-n-charge”), HDMI, RJ45, RGB, Headphone/Bridge Media Slot (3in1, SD, MMC, MS)
Webcam: 1.3MP Web Camera with Microphone
Battery : 6 Cell Lithium-Ion
Weight: 2.4 kgs
LAN: 1 Gbps
WLAN: 802.11 (b/g/n)
Bluetooth® V3.0+HS
Toshiba Face Recognition Technology, User/Supervisor password, Kensington Lock Slot
Very IMP: Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Support: 1 Year Global Onsite Support + Laptop Bag

Price range offered: 41000-44000 (inclusive Tax + Delivery charges)
Plus some offer on Tata Photon.

How is this for a deal.

Do Let me know.

Kashyap

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Hello

1) The onboard GPU is very weak. If gaming is on your mind, you can forget about getting this laptop. GT 520m is a strict no-no for gaming. Only you can watch HD games.

2)
Very IMP: Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Nothing very special. Why? Most laptops at this budget offer this.

and give this a read :wink:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/153888-laptop-buying-reference-guide.html

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hello

1) The onboard GPU is very weak. If gaming is on your mind, you can forget about getting this laptop. GT 520m is a strict no-no for gaming. Only you can watch HD games.

GT525M is NOT weak by any standards. Everybody is not expected to go for GTX560M, huh ? The only better GPU available under this price bracket is 540M which will nearly give a gain of 30-40%.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@dashing.sujay No mate. I think you got me wrong. as you said the 540 is faster, I told the 525 is slower since a better GPU is available in the price bracket hence I thought OP will benifit from it :wink:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@dashing.sujay No mate. I think you got me wrong. as you said the 540 is faster, I told the 525 is slower since a better GPU is available in the price bracket hence I thought OP will benifit from it :wink:

You didn't said the way you should. :| You just raped 525M :lol:

And he said 525, not 520.

OP
K

kashyapd

Right off the assembly line
Ok Guys,

Thanks for the info. I am not a game freak. however, serious about HD Video and Music as well as performance computing.

Also would like to have WIN 7 HP pre-installed if possible. For ASUS laptops, I have to separately purchase the OS which may increase cost eventually.

Toshiba has WIN 7 HP (64bit) pre-installed along with MS Office 2010 starter edition.

And Toshiba has been ranked next to ASUS in recent reliability survey.

so I thought to take your opinion. By the ways both ASUS & Toshiba has Onsite service in the place where I live.

@thetechfreak : Since you said better configs are available in this range.. can you pls suggest something with above config and WIN 7 HP pre-installed. :confused:

Thanks again.

Kashyap

Can you pls. lend your expert opinion... would really benefit me.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@kashyapd Since you don't want to play games, movies etc can be easily handled by the given GPU.

Better config- HP Notebook G6-2008TX Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

its Win 7 Home Basic but overall laptop is lot better :wink:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Ok Guys,

I am not a game freak.

@kashyapd Since you don't want to play games, movies etc can be easily handled by the given GPU.

Better config- HP Notebook G6-2008TX Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

its Win 7 Home Basic but overall laptop is lot better :wink:

7670M ? :rolleyes: Sometimes, just beefiest config doesn't matters mate :) Ths GPU is seriously overkill for him. I also understand that its coming in his budget, but going by record of HP, a relatively powerful GPU is supposed to release more heat which HP is again more than capable of providing :p. I guess you got my point :)

@Kashyapd To be frank, if you can't leave win HP, the Toshiba model you mentioned has got the best balanced & apt configuration as per you need. It has the processing power enough to run your through your life and graphics enough to keep a smile on your face.

If you could only sacrifice, win HP for basic, I personally would recommend- Acer timeline 5830TG. By sacrificing you HP, you get much better battery life, a much better GPU. But you also loose on CPU. So, the choice is yours. :)

Top Bottom