Torrentz Shuts Down, Largest Torrent Meta-Search Engine Says Farewell

quagmire

Allllright !
Torrentz Shuts Down, Largest Torrent Meta-Search Engine Says Farewell - TorrentFrea

Damn, first it was YIFY then KAT now this.

2016 is the worst year for pirates.. :banghead:

- - - Updated - - -

Good discussion here, lets move on..

Torrentz Shuts Down, Largest Torrent Meta-Search Engine Says Farewell : technolog

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Which one you use and which are popular??

I have accounts in IPTorrents and TorrentLeech.

But no invites to give, sorry.

Edit:

Private trackers are also somewhat strict w.r.t. share ratio. You have to maintain a certain share ratio at all times otherwise you will face penalties such as reduced speed or no downloading until you finish seeding what you have downloaded. Therefore, you cannot leech much like you do with public trackers.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I have accounts in IPTorrents and TorrentLeech.

But no invites to give, sorry.

Edit:

Private trackers are also somewhat strict w.r.t. share ratio. You have to maintain a certain share ratio at all times otherwise you will face penalties such as reduced speed or no downloading until you finish seeding what you have downloaded. Therefore, you cannot leech much like you do with public trackers.
Yes..Leechers are Banned and you have to maintain a seed ratio of 1 & above

So, private members end up seeding more than downloading :smug_NF:

Ronnie012

Earthling
Torrentz Down

TECHNOLOGY
Torrentz, World's Largest Torrent Search Engine, Shuts Down

Two weeks after U.S. authorities seized and shut down Kickass Torrents (KAT), the world’s largest website for sharing torrents, the peer-to-peer sharing community was dealt another blow this week. Torrentz.eu, the largest search engine for torrents, shut down without any notice or explanation.

Unlike KAT, its domain was not seized and is still functional. However, the site’s main search feature — it was like a Google dedicated to torrent websites — does not work now and clicking on the search box, which is still present, opens a new window with ads for businesses related to the Alibaba Group.

Enigmatically, a message under the search box says: “Torrentz was a free, fast and powerful meta-search engine combining results from dozens of search engines” and the word “dozens” contains a hyperlink. Clicking on it leads to another page, which is exactly the same as the previous one, except the words, which say: “Torrentz will always love you. Farewell.” All the proxy websites for the search engine are also down.

Since the website is still up and running, albeit without its main functionality, it can be assumed that the development was not the result of a legal action.

Torrents are often associated with illegal file sharing, since the technology allows users to share content on their own computers with others using the same platform. Websites like KAT did not host any illegal content themselves, but let users download torrents, which in turn point to the location of files on the computers of users.

The technology behind torrents allows content to be downloaded from multiple peers simultaneously, so long as they have a copy of the same file. And the files being so shared are not necessarily illegal; many users share personal documents and files over torrent networks instead of relying on other means.

Torrentz did not even host torrents but was merely an index of websites that did, and according to Wired, it has complied with law enforcement in the past by removing links to pirated content.

Poland-based Torrentz began in 2003, a few weeks before the Pirate Bay came online, and it used to host torrent files for some time before it transitioned to a torrent search engine.
Torrentz, Largest Torrent Search Engine, Shuts Dow

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Minimum $5 up to $100. These will give you VIP status and varying amounts of upload credit that you can spend to zap your pending seeds.

There are also freeleech donations of $25 and $45 that allows you to download without worrying about seeding for 1 month and 2 months respectively.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Minimum $5 up to $100. These will give you VIP status and varying amounts of upload credit that you can spend to zap your pending seeds.

There are also freeleech donations of $25 and $45 that allows you to download without worrying about seeding for 1 month and 2 months respectively.

But will the $5 donation can get one in if he's not yet a member ?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
No. Membership is invite only.

You can donate after you register.

A

amit.tiger12

Invite giveaway is going on at TorrentLeech. Use KICKTHATASS as invite code.
Invitation already mentioned on site,

Do you know any other good private tracker?? And any Indian private tracker.

I have questions about dark net.

I tried using tor, then searched ".onion" sites, found many (weird url) for blog, forum download etc etc.

But did not understand, why is so different than normal internet and it's hard to find any stuff.
Do anyone know some onion sites?? Share some..
Which app you use other than "tor" for accessing these sites? For computer and for Android.?
Any search engine for searching onion site.? Duckduckgo is what i found but search results show ".com, .net" like normal sites. Anyone know how to search onion with duckduckgo.

And how many other things like dark net are there???

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom