Torrent Ban affecting latencies?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Have not checked, but very much possible due to the filtering software they are using. When I try to open a restricted site, the page displayed is of some blocking software (like websense). Means every request is going through that pos blocker.
Bad, too bad.
I am furious, my online gaming experience will be ruined if this is the case. Last time when me and my buddies were playing darkness MP, the game was lagging like hell. Maybe this was the reason.

sarthak

In the zone
Have not checked, but very much possible due to the filtering software they are using. When I try to open a restricted site, the page displayed is of some blocking software (like websense). Means every request is going through that pos blocker.
Bad, too bad.
I am furious, my online gaming experience will be ruined if this is the case. Last time when me and my buddies were playing darkness MP, the game was lagging like hell. Maybe this was the reason.

I don't play online but afaik reduced latencies are better for gaming.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I don't play online but afaik reduced latencies are better for gaming.

Correct, i didn't read the first post carefully, for me the latencies have increased since last month. Me and few other forum member play online together and the experience was horrible with our last game.

tkin

Back to school!!
No one banned torrents, they just banned piratebay, there are hundreds of torrent sites out there.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^donno, first off theres the torrents already running, then theres the easy way to get around the block, so guess it should be business as usual

depends on how many people didnt bother to get around the block

masterkd

Padawan
Nothing is blocked..everything is open for me..but I'm getting very(billions) poor connection with disconnection once in every 2-3 minutes..lodged 3 complaints already via phone..no improvement..I'm going to kill someone next time I'm going BSNL office!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Everything is constant mostly. Only a minute change for better(20 ms~). Nothing that will change online gaming much.

Krystie

Broken In
Haven't noticed any ping changes after the ban on tpb. A number of torrent sites are blocked on Airtel. BSNL hasn't blocked anything so far.

Routing is essentially still awful. And latencies to US are better than EU/Asia some days lol ....

Top Bottom