Tomb Raider Series Reboot

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah, sometimes FPS hits 20 or below. I don't see tress fx settings, there is one tress fx, that's under hair quality. Should I change that to normal? I'd like to have 35-40 FPS steady. Why there isn't a software which will automatically optimize the video settings god knows! Setting things manually is a pita.
These are my settings, please tell me what should be changed, for betterment of FPS.
PS: The game version is 1.01.742.0, which I think is the latest, and also the Nvidia driver is 314.22 too.

Attachments

• TR.jpg
    TR.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 108
  • TR1.jpg
    TR1.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 109

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Yeah change hair to normal. With tressfx it looks cool at times though,but most of the time the hair seems to go inside Lara's neck :p Normal hair will give you a large fps boost and its not too bad either.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Yeah, sometimes FPS hits 20 or below. I don't see tress fx settings, there is one tress fx, that's under hair quality. Should I change that to normal? I'd like to have 35-40 FPS steady. Why there isn't a software which will automatically optimize the video settings god knows! Setting things manually is a pita.
These are my settings, please tell me what should be changed, for betterment of FPS.
PS: The game version is 1.01.742.0, which I think is the latest, and also the Nvidia driver is 314.22 too.

JUst put hair option to normal and see the fps jump . I am playing everything at ultra @ 1080 with 560ti and it still give 35-50 fps . As soon as i put tress fx on , fps goes to 20s .

Gen.Libeb

Padawan

Change from tressfx to normal. I max out everything (except tressfx) and get above 30+ fps with 560ti so you shouldn't have a problem at all with the 580.
Don't think it has anything to do with the drivers.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Well 20s fps is probably because of treefx , i am sure . Recent updates have solve some fps dip issue , but it still gives problem to nvidia gpu .

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Done. Thanks guys, for the advice on settings. Turned down from Custom to Ultimate, with that hair thingy altered and got 55-56 avg. Attached the result.
On game, oh my.....What a ****ing awesomest outrageously brilliant game. I can't find any cons, well WTF! Gameplay was great, played at Normal, still it was more or less challenging, graphics are fantastic. Lara's character has been shown in great details, as well as others. The 'only' little thing, I didn't like the surrounding in game audio, kinda flat, but hey I am nit-picking now. All in all, a super game.
Rating.........umm........8.5/10. Now I don't remember giving any game this much, MP 3 maybe, ah, **** it.
I am so damn happy, just wished it was little more bigger.....Any way to see how long have I played?

PS: Completed at 66%. Those two side missions I couldn't do, which is still bothering me, one that vault (or what was it?) one, where an electric bulb will go into water and produce current, I did cross to the other side, but then didn't see any way forward! And the other one, where wind will come from left, you can open/shut the window, and a crate will move at wind's direction and maybe you need to jump above, but I couldn't timed the jump! Gonna try those two again.

TR FPS.jpg

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Well if you bought it , then steam shows gameplay hours :-D . 66% is not that great but still average . Look like you haven't collected much relics , salvage ,gps challenges . It helps you get the skill point easily , and doing each tomb mission , you get one skill point . I have completed 95% , because at last i just hurried and didnt collect much relics , book and gps . It took me around 25 hour . As i have seen , to complete 100% you need atleast 20+ hour which is pretty solid for a game like it .

Top Bottom