To Recover Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

binilmb

Always friendly as DIGIT
I am using dual boot system (xp & Win 7). Last day I am having some issues in XP and re-installed it. So how to get back my Windows 7 OS ?. It has almost all updates in my Win 7. Please help , Idon't want to re-install my Win 7

OP
binilmb

binilmb

Always friendly as DIGIT
Sorry for the late reply...........
See I didn't get any errors because I am doing a clean install of XP. That is my "C:\" drive is formatted and reinstalled xp.

Windows 7 is installed to another drive "F:\", but I think its boot loader is working from "C:\". So I am asking a solution to recover my Windows 7 OS. Please reply quickly......

CA50

Cyborg Agent
its ok man, boot with win7 dvd, then select repair option, i think it will autimatically detect your windows 7 installation and repair it, if not select "startup repair" or some thing like that to repair your booting problem

NarutoNamikaze

Right off the assembly line
Use the method told in apc magazine(*apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_vista_and_xp_with_vista_installed _first__the_stepbystep_guide.htm?page=4)

Its for vista but its the exact same for win 7:cool:

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Use the method told in apc magazine(*apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_vista_and_xp_with_vista_installed _first__the_stepbystep_guide.htm?page=4)

Its for Vista but its the exact same for Win 7

OP
binilmb

binilmb

Always friendly as DIGIT

Its for vista but its the exact same for win 7:cool:

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Its for Vista but its the exact same for Win 7

The above method is not working for Windows 7. Because I already tried that..............

But at last I got a solution, with the help of "CA50" our group member.......... & this is what I do for recover Windows 7

1. Boot from the Windows 7 DVD
2. From the first window, select language and click next
3. In the second window, select the recovery option. and it will prompt a window to select the partition and install something for its bootloader. And it will ask for reboot.
4. Reboot the system, and do again the steps 1-3. In that window, Windows 7 actually creates the bootloader. Reboot the system again. In my case Windows 7 bootloader installed successfully and I am able enter my previously installed Windows 7. But the problem is my "XP" bootloader is erased. i.e. I am not able to boot to my XP. But here is the solution...
5. Boot to Windows 7 and install EasyBCD(latest version) and run the application
6. From its window choose the "Add/Remove Entries" button in the EasyBCD Toolbox. Then the right side of the window you will see a box called "Add an Entry" with different tabs like "Windows", "Linux", "Mac" etc.
7. Select the "Windows" tab (already selected), then select the Drive from the drop down menu that contains your XP(default C:\), and select the type "Windows NT/2k/XP/2k3". And a name for your XP OS, type name in the "Name" field. i.e. "XP". Then click the "Add Entry" button. Thats it. We are ready for a Dual Boot. When we click the "View Settings" Button in the EasyBCD Toolbox, we can see the entries of XP and Windows 7. Also you can change the default OS, waiting time etc. using EasyBCD.

So that's the way I am recover my Dual boot OS's i.e. XP & Windows 7. If anyone have different methods or opinions please post here........

NarutoNamikaze

Right off the assembly line
Sorry binilmb that my method didn't work. Anyway I had not tested it. I thought that it would work as Win7 and Vista are similar OSes. I am not tested it on Vista itself. But will my method work for Vista?

Anyway thanks for your method and also thanks to CA50. It may be useful for me in the near future.

Well there are more different methods by using VistaBootPRO or DualBootPRO. I don't know if VistaBootPRO will work for win7 or not. You can refer to this site for the procedure for VistaBootPRO - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123347
Thanks to aswin1 for it. DualBootPRO is not a free software though.

OP
binilmb

binilmb

Always friendly as DIGIT
:lol::lol:Hello "NarutoNamikaze", don't feel sorry about that. because you said your own method. Anyway thanks for your reply........:lol::lol:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I am using dual boot system (xp & Win 7). Last day I am having some issues in XP and re-installed it. So how to get back my Windows 7 OS ?. It has almost all updates in my Win 7. Please help , Idon't want to re-install my Win 7

so lost the win7 boot options...
try BCDEdit...it may help :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom