to increase my bandwidth!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iam able to play DOTA thru the garena client with virtually no lag,,and average upload torrent speed is 30KBPS,,which depends on torrent again..and at times the upload goes to 45KBPS...steady..
Iam buying a new gaming rig(desktop) for myself.and my net connection is thru a 10/100Mbps LAN routed by a server in the hostel. from an Optical Cable network spread around the campus,,
Now..my main concern is :
1)can I have MULTIPLE VIRTUAL IP ADRESSES on a single ethernet card..thru sum software,,,so that I can maximise the bandwidth that I get from server,(AND Thru second ethernet card host this to my Xbox 360..to play without any lag)because it seems there's some download/upload speed limit on each IP address..though not very sure about the upload!
or
2)is there some hardware solution,,some kind of 2:1 splitter,,and if i get two connections in my room..and get two ip address,,on a single ethernet card ,,enjoy the double bandwidth thus attained and stream it to my xbox 360 thru second ethernet card on my pc.
OR
3) the most mechanical one,,(WANT 2 AVOID THIS)is I get two connections to my rooms,,feed them thru 2 independent ethernet cards,,and use a third one,,to stream the DOUBLE BANDWIDTH to 360!

P.S.1-Iam aware that online gaming requires 30-35 KBPS upload speed..but I want t be on safe side,,and enjoy gr8 download and upload speeds thru any of the above solutions,
P.S.2-the cost involved is only for the ethernet cards,,and the cables,the connection itself(howsoever) is free!!!!

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Try running another windows on a VMware, and use Intel's driver to have two virtual MAC addresses... dunno if it will work, but you can try.

OP
P

parasharenator

Broken In
what's VMware...and what do you mean by running other windows...
And by intel's driver..i hope you mean the Ethernet Card's driver....right???

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I dont know if you can connect twice with the same modem/router simultaneously. I dont think its possible, though. I think the bandwidth might be limited in each hostel room, thats how its done in some universities, from what I heard. So you might not accomplish anything if you connect another comp in the same room.

OP
P

parasharenator

Broken In
I dont know if you can connect twice with the same modem/router simultaneously. I dont think its possible, though. I think the bandwidth might be limited in each hostel room, thats how its done in some universities, from what I heard. So you might not accomplish anything if you connect another comp in the same room.
No problems..mate!!!
I just tweaked some settings...And now I get Average 300-400KBPS with torrents..Which Can go easily upwards of 600KBPS(but I dont find files..read CONTENT with lots of seeders,,and good uploaders...so cant max out !!!)
And max I got was 750KBPS..which is not the MAXIMUM that can be attained ..Atleast that's what I know..but I dont know which torrent sites are better,,,coz No of peers..is vastly misleading stat...!!!

P.S.-Fingers Crossed!! I just hope it works the same on Xbox Live too!!!

acewin

Point Blanc
naah would not happen much with VMware as you would be using same ethernet card

Secondly in the VMWare based OS you would not get to run your game., even if you use two ethernet cards, you game would be using only one connection to work. not two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom