To convert a dual OS tablet into a single OS Android Tablet only

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
My Datamini TWG10 dual OS tablet has Windows10 and Android 5.1 (lolipop) installed.
I want to use the tablet's full space of 32GB as Android5.1 tablet only.
How do I erase the Windows partition and others,BUT KEEPING THE ANDROID partition intact and amalgamate the free space?
This is a UEFI BIOS System.

How to modiy/rectify the bootloader?

Please guide me.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Is it an x86 device? In that case I think installation should be as trivial as booting using a live USB and installing. I am sure that Android is available as a separate install as well.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'm pretty sure you'll end up bricking the tablet if you mess up with the wrong partitions. Have you checked the manual to see if it is possible to do in the first place?

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

The Tablet ,Datamini TWG10 is an Intel chipset based Tablet functioning on Atom Z3735 CPU.
It has 2GB DDR3 RAM.
ROM(Internal FLASH based storage) is a meagre 32GB only.

So, @Desmond David it is indeed a x86 based chipset device.

As for [MENTION=285910]TechnoBOY[/MENTION] the partitions are numerous,since it houses within an UEFI BIOS based partition.
Now the important aspect as pointed out by Saiyan,that if I delete all the partitions including windows and keep only the linux based(Android-5.1) partitions,shall I be able to boot onto android only.
Since bootloader will also be destroyed,so how do I boot it onto Android????

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You don't have to delete the EFI partition. Doing so might render your device unbootable.

But I think you can remove the rest of the partitions and recreate them. However, take care because this might brick your device.

First check if you are able to boot via any live USB. If you can then you "should" be able to use a partition manager.

Disclaimer: Modify partitions at your own risk.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have a risky suggestion.
Test Remix OS - The Future of Android PC is now on Android Marshmallo from a pendrive and if it works, flash it after removing all other partitions.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, go through this xda thread:
Review of Datamini TWG10 2-in-1 Tablet+Win 1… | Windows 10 Development and Hackin

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Thanks Desmond and Saiyan for the suggestions(RISKY though)...
Of course THAT WILL BE MY DECISION so no harm for others.

I am interested with the Remix OS .
In that case do I need to delete all the partitions inside the tablet???

Theodre

In the zone
I am interested with the Remix OS .
In that case, do I need to delete all the partitions inside the tablet???

Yes. If you are planning to install the Remix OS 5.1, you have to delete the currently present partitions from the Tablet and Install the new one.
It is really risky and be careful when messing with the bootloader of the tablet.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Yes. If you are planning to install the Remix OS 5.1, you have to delete the currently present partitions from the Tablet and Install the new one.
It is really risky and be careful when messing with the bootloader of the tablet.

Which partitions I need to delete?
Can you throw some light on it?

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Something is wrong in your browser then. Use adblock/ublock origin to block ads.
Thanks,Saiyan for pointing me out the issue.The AdBlock+ plugin was disabled in my chrome browser.After I enabled it ,everything regarding the webpage seems to be all right.

I had downloaded the android-6(32-bit) iso and successfully burned it onto a pendrive.
Still I was unable(a total failure) to install the android 6 onto the deleted partition of my tablet.

THANK GOD WINDOWS 10 PARTITION WAS SAFE ALONG WITH EFI AND GPT,MBR PARTITIONS.
Since I had carefully deleted the android partitions as given on by the xda-forum links,so Windows 10 didn't got a scratch. I HAD ALSO CONVERTED THE ANDROID PARTITIONS THOSE OF WHICH I HAD DELETED INTO "NTFS" PARTITIONS,thus reclaiming valuable SSD disk space for Windows 10.

Now this Datamini TWG10 Tablet of mine has become a Windows 10 Tablet PC only.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Is it possible to install Remix-OS in any ARM based device ,such as an Android Tablet???
Specifically for Mediatek MTK6592 chipset/proccy.
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] or [MENTION=5007]Desmond David[/MENTION],you experts,could you throw some light on this aspect?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't see why not since Remix OS has support for ARM. However, first consult XDA regarding support for your device.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Regarding Datamini TWG10 tablet, Sorry to state you all my, Friends, that eventually I HAD BRICKED THE TABLET!!!!
MONEY wasted due to my Foolishness and Impatience.

Top Bottom