To buy or not to buy the Indian version of HTC One S?

dextervishnu

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys, I'm looking for a upgrade to my current mobile and I zeroed in on the HTC One S. It had everything I needed- except the pentile display(qHD) and the lack of NFC. I decided to ignore it because the device was so beautiful and fell within my price bracket, but now I know that the Indian model of the HTC One S runs the previous generation S3 architecture processor instead of the S4 architecture that was showcased in the reviews. I presume that the overclocking of the S3 proc to 1.7 GHz will only drain the juice out of the non-replaceable battery instead of being at par with the S4 processor. Lately some buyers have said that the S3 processor is not that bad and it fares well in comparison with it's peers. So should I buy the phone or not? Please help me out here :(

Techguy

In the zone
Try to get your hands on the S4 version from ebay.....

*www.ebay.in/itm/Brand-New-Box-packed-HTC-One-S-Android-4-0-4G-Beats-Audio-4-3-16Gb-/261131212165?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item3ccca21585#ht_6162wt_906

Rs. 24879 .. 3months waranty.. the seller is also legitimate

aroraanant

Explorer
There are no issues with Indian version and its performance is also not that bad, you can go on and buy it, it is available for around 22-23k easily.And its the best option in that price bracket.

Techguy

In the zone
Brand New Box packed HTC One S, Android 4.0,4G,Beats Audio,4.3",16Gb | eBay

the international version for 24.8k with 1 year seller warranty... reliable seller... better to buy that compared to the indian one becuase the indian one has bad battery life and lower performance..

Shibaprasad

Journeyman
@vishnu
I bought HTC One S a week ago. At first I was also confused with S4 and S3 processor and finally I decided to buy Indian version (with warranty) instead of ebay s4 version (without warranty).
This handset is absolutely lag free. Don't know about s4 processor but s3 processor works fine for me, multitasking is very good and everything run smoothly. I am not into mobile gaming but I tried some games and they ran fine. With medium use (call sms wifi music 2Ginternet chat) I am getting about one n half days of battery life and its fine for me. The main plus point is camera, it has a superb fast camera. Image quality is very good, HD video recording is also very good with impressive stereo sound and good low light capability.
But it has some cons-
1. The speaker volume is little low, you wont miss your call but music on speaker is not at all impressive.
2. bundled headset/headphone is very bad compare with it's price
3. No equalizer with default music player, only beats audio can be enabled
4, No cardslot

for gaming and other technical stuff you can watch this video
HTC One S in-depth full Review - YouTube

OP
D

dextervishnu

Right off the assembly line
Thank you guys for the input... And @Shiva, don't you think the One S is little behind when compared to the Xperia S or SL? Really confused between these phones. I even considered waiting for 6 months and buy the HTC One X, but a quad core is way out of league for me. I do play games, but I also need battery. I just had my hopes lined up for the One S, but it let me down in several aspects- no NFC(not that I'm a fan, but I'll be left out in case the tech becomes common) and also the screen is qHD when compared to the HD screen of the Xperia S. I want the One S because it's got Imagesense, thin and sexy body, Sense 4.0, ICS out-of-the-box. I just need to be clear if the lack of 4G(HSPA+), NFC and the S3 processor will make me regret my choice. I really don't want to be duped after buying the mobile... Like my goshdarn Nokia X6! Two months after buying it I regretted my choice- Symbian S60 support died, the processor was just 400 MHz, the RAM was just 128 MB and every aspect of it paled in comparison with a newer model on the market :(

perplexed

Journeyman
Xperia SL for 23.4k right now at HomeShop18 superdeals. Unbeatable offer I would say .!!

Thank you guys for the input... And @Shiva, don't you think the One S is little behind when compared to the Xperia S or SL? Really confused between these phones. I even considered waiting for 6 months and buy the HTC One X, but a quad core is way out of league for me. I do play games, but I also need battery. I just had my hopes lined up for the One S, but it let me down in several aspects- no NFC(not that I'm a fan, but I'll be left out in case the tech becomes common) and also the screen is qHD when compared to the HD screen of the Xperia S. I want the One S because it's got Imagesense, thin and sexy body, Sense 4.0, ICS out-of-the-box. I just need to be clear if the lack of 4G(HSPA+), NFC and the S3 processor will make me regret my choice. I really don't want to be duped after buying the mobile... Like my goshdarn Nokia X6! Two months after buying it I regretted my choice- Symbian S60 support died, the processor was just 400 MHz, the RAM was just 128 MB and every aspect of it paled in comparison with a newer model on the market :(

Well, Symbian doesn't need that much resources like android.. Similarly, even windows 8 devices I reckon won't be resource hogging like their android Counterparts..
All this move into Quad Core and 2GB RAM trend are due to brands moving to Android for their flagships..

Shibaprasad

Journeyman

you didn't mention your requirement clearly so I cant suggest anything to you. I bought this phone because I was looking for a 15k android phone and a 10-12k point and shoot camera, I got both in this handset. I think Xperia sl/s is also good but I personally don't like the illumination bar. In HTC One s you get slim metal body that looks fantastic. All of my friends are very impressed. screen is also very good and gives good visibility in sunlight. The camera is amazing. Nokia pure view is also good and 25k now. Honestly there is no new mobile in 25k level now, all phones are old with reduced price. I think you should wait till next year(if you can) and buy a new jelly bean phone like Lg nexus 4, galaxy mini, galaxy premier

Top Bottom