to be hung until .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyCo

In the zone
hi

i have recently started having a hanging problem on my computer ...
this started taking place after i defragmented my hdd(s) and uninstalled norton SW keeping only NAV ...

what happens is that windows works fine but when i run applications like :

AOE: conquerors
Black & White
Warcraft 3
Uplink
NAV (This has been hanging for over 2-3 months as whenevr i perform a scan it freezes my system at some point)

what happens is that my pc freezes completely ....
and when i restart immediately , before coming to the WinXP loading screen , it freezes again .. buy if i wait a little , it works fine ....

and then if i start playing anygame etc or scan again it freezes again and the cycle goes on ...

DO I HAVE A FAN PROBLEM ??

MY COMP CONFIG IS
P4 1.6 GHz
512 MB RAM
XFX GeForce FX 5200
ASUS CD WRITER
LG DVD COMBO
SAMSUNG 40 GB HDD
MAXTOR 120 GB HDD
17" MONITOR

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Definitely a fan/heatsink problem. Check your video card fan and the average temperatures in your PC using MBM.

OP
C

CyCo

In the zone
but can the screen also flicker due to that .. ??

coz it does that in fifa05 and has started yesterday in warcraft ....

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
I'd suggest you take a closer look at your video card. Plug it into a friend's system and see if the same problem occurs or try plugging another video card in. Since you haven't mentioned your motherboard details, I dont know if you have onboard video or not in addition to the AGP slot, you could try using the onboard video solution and see if that happens there too.
It looks mostly like a screw up with the video card. You could try reinstalling DX9.0c but that usually comes to naught.
And yes, the screen flicker could be due to the video card. Make sure your monitor refresh rates are set to the proper values, just to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom